Can we still shoot ???

4 hours ago, goldfinger said:

Just phone your local plod for advice and describe the situation you never know if you meet there criteria its all go?

Can't phone them, they have closed the phone lines, email only.  But they have said crop and livestock protection is essential.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys ,  how are you all doing ? Hope my old mates , Sausage , Stavross, BenBhoy , Si , David , Ian M , Walshie, longshanx , and any one else that I haven’t mentioned . Just thought I’d check in wit

Hope your right mate. All our lamb & beef goes through our farmshop or to local pubs, restaurants & a couple of schools. We don't sell to markets, everything goes dead so we are absolutely rel

Our firm is so tight. No masks and no hand sanitizer. Last week we had no paper towels for a week ! Today I improvised!

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, lllluke1 said:

Can't phone them, they have closed the phone lines, email only.  But they have said crop and livestock protection is essential.

So rough translation: stand in some wheat and shoot everything (lawful) that moves and you're ok basically.

Edited by Alsone

That there guberment of ours said stay home this bank holiday and they ment it ,family of eejits drove 200 miles from london to Torquay to fish but never wet  a line.Arrested ,fined and told to go home in short sharp jerky movements .Forget what you think over 10.000 dead and rising unless its your farm your stepping out the front door of then keep um in the safe and get to level 90 off candy crush .

The powers that be were on about a slow return to normal after easter but every ned that partys,raves drives to the beach just extends the lockdown so decide what you want but stay safe 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I don’t know how true this is but I’ve just heard through the grapevine that a guy out stalking on wheat fields near the Forest of Dean has been pulled and the police have had his rifles and shotguns off him . 

Well I sent a email asking if it ok to carry on with pest control  , reply I had that’s fine just make sure you phone shooting log  

8 hours ago, villaman said:

Well I sent a email asking if it ok to carry on with pest control  , reply I had that’s fine just make sure you phone shooting log  

I think the general rule is , pest control is fine . Recreational shooting isn’t. Best policy is to have your covering email from the FEO and an email from the landowner. It’s a judgement call really, I’ve been out a few times on a chicken farm because he’s losing birds to foxes . I think this guy was shooting deer.  It’s probably not seen as being a good reason to be out .

• Like 4

I'm royally tits off now!!

All this nonsense and it appears a selfish idiot at work who lives with his father has this weekend lost his father to Corona. Sentiments aside that means that work colleague has chosen to ignore guidelines and possibly infected others at work!

BUT I CANT GO GET A BLOODY RABBIT OR FOX ON MY OWN IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE BUT CAN GO WORK!

BOLLOCKS! UTTER BOLLOCKS!

EITHER SHUT EVERYTHING DOWN OR SHUT UP.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

That there guberment of ours said stay home this bank holiday and they ment it ,family of eejits drove 200 miles from london to Torquay to fish but never wet  a line.Arrested ,fined and told to go home in short sharp jerky movements .Forget what you think over 10.000 dead and rising unless its your farm your stepping out the front door of then keep um in the safe and get to level 90 off candy crush .

The powers that be were on about a slow return to normal after easter but every ned that partys,raves drives to the beach just extends the lockdown so decide what you want but stay safe 

Dorset police turned couple away from London I think that wanted to spearfish, 

Couple from southampton that drove to Dorset to walk their dog as well, mind boggles. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I don’t know how true this is but I’ve just heard through the grapevine that a guy out stalking on wheat fields near the Forest of Dean has been pulled and the police have had his rifles and shotguns off him . 

There will quite likely be more to it than what has been reported or what you have heard.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I'm royally tits off now!!

All this nonsense and it appears a selfish idiot at work who lives with his father has this weekend lost his father to Corona. Sentiments aside that means that work colleague has chosen to ignore guidelines and possibly infected others at work!

BUT I CANT GO GET A BLOODY RABBIT OR FOX ON MY OWN IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE BUT CAN GO WORK!

BOLLOCKS! UTTER BOLLOCKS!

EITHER SHUT EVERYTHING DOWN OR SHUT UP.

It should be agreed common sense and not the law that controls this situation were all in.

Edited by goldfinger

France has extended till 11 may and the our main customer 22 may going to be a long boring spring. 

Cars rebuilt, rifles fettled,air rifles polished inside, garden done ,batteries charged, walls climbed. Aargh 

10 minutes ago, timmytree said:

I doubt it, someone would need to trace back every contact for about 3 weeks. Each contact has other contacts, it would have to be done manually because we haven't got the mobile apps that some other countries are using. Now we're getting the true figures for care homes I'm thinking we're in an impossible situation, all we can do is isolate if possible.

The UK is destined to be worse than Italy, and it won't be down to bagging a rabbit!

• Like 1