brexit, Coronavirus and the eu

One thing I did see the other day is that Fitch had downrated the U.K. credit rating from AAA......and, baring in mind these are the same rating agency’s that were rating junk bonds as AAA back in 2007, what does that even mean anymore ?

And it’s the same with China buying up all the debt.....if people can’t pay then they won’t pay and what are they going to do if the world says “go f**k yourself !” ? 

We have built a world on massive personal debt instead of letting people keep their money and now, that debt is meaningless when you set it against staying alive.....isn’t it ? 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should go back to making quality and make the best instead of trying to make the cheapest. Every body wants the best they can afford there will aways be a demand for quality this country should con

I think country’s are turning there backs on there eu neighbours in this time of need, which will cause even more friction, Italy turned to Germany for help at the start of this and were to.d to f**k

Good luck to them with that, can't take what I don't have ???. But it would give great incentive for the government to reopen closed factories in small towns and cities and rual parts to start ma

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

Wow that’s some crazy shit. 

And there nothing to say it won't or couldn't happen over here, if things go like Italy. 

Hopefully not, for all concerned, it's scary to see how fast society can crumble.

Atb j 

On 28/03/2020 at 06:53, Arry said:

We should go back to making quality and make the best instead of trying to make the cheapest. Every body wants the best they can afford there will aways be a demand for quality this country should concentrate on that.

Agreed Arry but as long as you have a massive amount of people only willing to pay the cheapest the market will provide the issue won't go away. You can only supply quality in numbers that the demand will allow. Bringing manufacturing back to the UK would require a paradigm shift to counter what moved it away in the first place. A quality and more expensive product will take a while to establish as the 1st world sees huge spikes in unemployment figures.

I could yap on about the cost of doing business in the UK but simultaneously lowering the costs of business while the government sends out a record taxpayer funded stimulus wouldn't happen. Hopefully they'll reassess their unsustainable public sector but I'm not hopeful!

3 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Anyone heard anything about how long these 'Emergency Powers' are going to last?

The US' Patriot Act is closing in on it's 20th birthday.

On a more sinister note and while I am on balance a fan of Orbans policy’s in lots of areas, Hungary has just voted to allow the government to rule by decree !!......with no limit on the time frame ! 

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

On a more sinister note and while I am on balance a fan of Orbans policy’s in lots of areas, Hungary has just voted to allow the government to rule by decree !!......with no limit on the time frame ! 

What are the implications of that ?

56 minutes ago, WILF said:

I read that earlier. If they insist on nationalism this is how it plays out? No? There's a Ben Franklin quote in there somewhere!

1 hour ago, WILF said:

It basically turns Hungary into a dictatorship mate 

I'm reading the media on this a little further and their new emergency rules are open ended. They suspend parliament and elections, allows ruling by decree and include a rule that you can serve 5 years in prison for spreading fake news, or any news that "blocks or hinders the defensive measures."

How I feel about government overreach is no mystery but who the f*ck gets to decide what is fake news, or what is unpalatable? :hmm:

Now it begs the question, at least for me. How many other EU nations have these emergency powers? Hungary are an EU state, no?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

I'm reading the media on this a little further and their new emergency rules are open ended. They suspend parliament and elections, allows ruling by decree and include a rule that you can serve 5 years in prison for spreading fake news, or any news that "blocks or hinders the defensive measures."

How I feel about government overreach is no mystery but who the f*ck gets to decide what is fake news, or what is unpalatable? :hmm:

Now it begs the question, at least for me. How many other EU nations have these emergency powers? Hungary are an EU state, no?

Well the UK Gov' have been given the power to use everyone's personal mobile data to track movements. No time limit. Same in other EU countries.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

I read that earlier. If they insist on nationalism this is how it plays out? No? There's a Ben Franklin quote in there somewhere!

I don’t think you can make that connection between nationalism and dictatorship as easily as that mate, I dont believe one needs the other.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I don’t think you can make that connection between nationalism and dictatorship as easily as that mate, I dont believe one needs the other.

....but it helps

• Like 1

Help us like you were helped after war, Italy's virus hit cities tell Germany

Nine European Union countries, including Italy, France and Spain, called last week for joint debt issuance to finance an economic recovery after the virus outbreak that seems certain to push the euro zone into a deep recession.

Germany, the Netherlands, Finland and Austria opposed the proposal for so-called euro bonds, maintaining their traditional unwillingness to share the debt of less competitive economies.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-italy-germany/help-us-like-you-were-helped-after-war-italys-virus-hit-cities-tell-germany-idUKKBN21I1HV

• Like 1