what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mackem said:

I thought he was a bit Hare Krishna found myself in spiritualism mate,only so much of that I can take,though I did enjoy talking to a Buddhist monk for ages once who was telling me about monks who died in meditation while seeking enlightenment and no one knew they had died thats proper Nam myoho renge kyo stuff.

Still a he'll of a story but yeh he's definitely one of them isn't he

It gets me aswell how you see those baclpackers walking barefoot all over what is that about lol

19 minutes ago, dodger said:

Still a he'll of a story but yeh he's definitely one of them isn't he

It gets me aswell how you see those baclpackers walking barefoot all over what is that about lol

I have met loads of oddities,met a Spanish guy who had thrown his passport away and lived on the streets of Delhi as a sadhu,a well to do Brit whose family kept him in India as his heroin addiction was cheaper to fund there,and those backpacker types who head off to find themselves in India “because it’s so spiritual man”,people are always interesting,some have a really good story,but walking everywhere barefoot isn’t my cup of tea.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mackem said:

I have met loads of oddities,met a Spanish guy who had thrown his passport away and lived on the streets of Delhi as a sadhu,a well to do Brit whose family kept him in India as his heroin addiction was cheaper to fund there,and those backpacker types who head off to find themselves in India “because it’s so spiritual man”,people are always interesting,some have a really good story,but walking everywhere barefoot isn’t my cup of tea.

Are sadhu the ones that have no possessions ?, and eat food from a human skull ?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, mackem said:

How did you know about the aghori?

I watched a documentary if I remember correctly.  It was about the many and varied religions in India.  I found it fascinating that they could eat anything , even human flesh or dog faeces,  as God created everything , so everything was good . They have no possessions , and can walk around naked , and nobody even gives them a second glance. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, mel b said:

I watched a documentary if I remember correctly.  It was about the many and varied religions in India.  I found it fascinating that they could eat anything , even human flesh or dog faeces,  as God created everything , so everything was good . They have no possessions , and can walk around naked , and nobody even gives them a second glance. 

I went to Varanasi years ago as I had seen footage of one meditating in the lotus position on the chest of a corpse he had dragged from the ganges before eating part of the corpse,when I looked around they don’t do it openly,but they do carry bones/skulls around.

I saw Jains walking around naked sweeping the ground in front of them before each step so as not to step on insects and small organisms.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, mel b said:

Also seen ,and read about them ,bit mental ,but hey ho ,sure some amazon jungle native would look at most westerners lives as weird 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, mel b said:

Must say that's a new one on me I went to varanasi aswell but didn't witness things like that a I saw the fires tho a remarkably interesting sereal place I found that I won't forget but seems there's alot more I could have seen there👍

26 minutes ago, mackem said:

I went to Varanasi years ago as I had seen footage of one meditating in the lotus position on the chest of a corpse he had dragged from the ganges before eating part of the corpse,when I looked around they don’t do it openly,but they do carry bones/skulls around.

I saw Jains walking around naked sweeping the ground in front of them before each step so as not to step on insects and small organisms.

I don't remember seeing anything like that when I was there I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, as said on mels post it was a real eye opener for me with the burning body's and also the body's being carried through the town towards the river.

9 minutes ago, dodger said:

Must say that's a new one on me I went to varanasi aswell but didn't witness things like that a I saw the fires tho a remarkably interesting sereal place I found that I won't forget but seems there's alot more I could have seen there👍

I never understood why the place had three names banaras kashi and varanasi,the worlds largest outdoor crematorium I was told,been a couple of times,always interesting.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, mackem said:

I never understood why the place had three names banaras kashi and varanasi,the worlds largest outdoor crematorium I was told,been a couple of times,always interesting.

I didn't know about the other names either..

There's just something I can't put my finger on with India be that the ganges the himalayas rajasthan jaisalmer Fort the blue city the hussle n bustle of Mumbai hampi the beaches of goa its just a magical surreal feeling I think Carl Pilkington had it right when he first went n said he got a bad neck because every direction he looked there was always something mad going on lol

I also love all the bright colours there even in the poorest parts 

Edited by dodger
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, mackem said:

Next time you go make an effort to visit the karni mata rat temple.

If I manage to be lucky enough to be able to get over to there again mate  not sure a rat temple will be top of the agenda I can't stand them.

But I gotta ask, why.

4 minutes ago, dodger said:

If I manage to be lucky enough to be able to get over to there again mate  not sure a rat temple will be top of the agenda I can't stand them.

But I gotta ask, why.

It’s worth it if you’re interested in walking amongst thousands of rats,plus how many people have you met who took the time and trouble to purposely visit a rat temple?Lol.