Storm Ciara

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wettest February since records began so they are saying. Not surprised seems to have rained every day or at least part of every day. Cheers Arry

You'd never get the planning permission now for it, plus taking animals from the wild, they would lock you up ??? Atb j 

Yeah it's difficult to handle roof repairs at any time let alone in wet strong winds in the dark. Tin sheets in the wind can be bloody dangerous.  The sod about it is that anything inside the shed wil

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Bloody hell that's bad

Very exposed aera, no shelter from the cross winds. Red warning here since 5am. Once the wind drops, the rain will set in, tide going to start coming in around 3, so it will bring more with it.

Atb j 

1 hour ago, jetro said:

Very exposed aera, no shelter from the cross winds. Red warning here since 5am. Once the wind drops, the rain will set in, tide going to start coming in around 3, so it will bring more with it.

Atb j 

It's been one storm after another it's nuts. Down here was ment to have a load of rain but I've had hail, rain a small amount of snow and now blue sky's it's absolutely mental this weather 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

It's been one storm after another it's nuts. Down here was ment to have a load of rain but I've had hail, rain a small amount of snow and now blue sky's it's absolutely mental this weather 

Been crazy down here ain't it mate!

I've been out f***ing about in the yard, ons minute its snowing and gale force...them its bright sunshine ..be glad for summer now to be honest... I'm bored of this now!!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jetro said:

133kph recorded at the weather station bedside me an hour ago, and getting worse.

Atb j 

FFS we talk in old money what's that in mph ??

• Haha 2
39 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I’ve a sheet of tin has came loose on one of the sheds and I don’t think it’ll be there in the morning. Lol. 

Which one ? The tin sheet or the shed or the whole lot ?  We had a  bit of a sort of light hail shower this afternoon when I was out with the spaniel but a couple of hundred yards further on I  was getting that hot in my jacket that I had to unzip it?  rained a bit earlier but is still now.  I have never seen our lawns as sodden with surface water standing. Definitely a hosepipe ban this summer.

8 minutes ago, Meece said:

Which one ? The tin sheet or the shed or the whole lot ?  We had a  bit of a sort of light hail shower this afternoon when I was out with the spaniel but a couple of hundred yards further on I  was getting that hot in my jacket that I had to unzip it?  rained a bit earlier but is still now.  I have never seen our lawns as sodden with surface water standing. Definitely a hosepipe ban this summer.

I’m hoping just the sheet but who knows. Lol. Heard it banging earlier after it had gotten dark but I definitely ain’t going up on that roof in the dark with a head torch on. 

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

I’m hoping just the sheet but who knows. Lol. Heard it banging earlier after it had gotten dark but I definitely ain’t going up on that roof in the dark with a head torch on. 

Yeah it's difficult to handle roof repairs at any time let alone in wet strong winds in the dark. Tin sheets in the wind can be bloody dangerous.  The sod about it is that anything inside the shed will be soaking wet and the inside structure of the shed can be wrecked. If the wind is that bad flying debris can be lethal.  I remember back in the 87 hurricane  many people were seriously injured by flying tin sheets and panes of glass blasted out of greenhouses. I was going down the M2 and a BIG sheet of tin from a road sign was blowing down the motorway like a flying carpet at about 40 mph. If it had hit a motorcyclist it would have cut them in two. This sheet went over the top of a car and veered off over the side of a bridge that went over the river medway. Again  it could have come down on people or a boat a long way down from the bridge to the river.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Meece said:

Yeah it's difficult to handle roof repairs at any time let alone in wet strong winds in the dark. Tin sheets in the wind can be bloody dangerous.  The sod about it is that anything inside the shed will be soaking wet and the inside structure of the shed can be wrecked. If the wind is that bad flying debris can be lethal.  I remember back in the 87 hurricane  many people were seriously injured by flying tin sheets and panes of glass blasted out of greenhouses. I was going down the M2 and a BIG sheet of tin from a road sign was blowing down the motorway like a flying carpet at about 40 mph. If it had hit a motorcyclist it would have cut them in two. This sheet went over the top of a car and veered off over the side of a bridge that went over the river medway. Again  it could have come down on people or a boat a long way down from the bridge to the river.

I’ve been keeping an eye on it and it hasn’t lifted anymore so I’m gonna guess it’ll stay in place.