Foxing lurchers

I know it’s a long shot but it’s worth a go I’ve had both the runners I brought on jack on me this year and I’ve written off the end of the season and things are looking bleak for next season too ?so I’m just wondering Is anyone planning on breeding a litter or has pups on the ground. Looking for a pup out of well tested 100% parents with a few seasons of hard graft behind them. I know the type I’m after and won’t be rushing into anything or taking on just any old pup. It’s not huge land round this way so I’m on the look out for a tight dog around the 25/26”” mark. I’m in ireland but for the right stuff don’t mind hopping on a ferry. I know there’s a few decent fellas on here any help given is much appreciated ? sionnach

• Like 3

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saluki bull grey bitch tidy bitch for job   

-

Collie bull greyhound, very honest dog. Knows he's job very well, knows the sweet spot every time. Lamping him 3 night a week when the moon is right. If I had the time he would lamped 5 nights.

Posted Images

Good luck mate I've been there a few times it's nee good if that's yah game I remember years ago I bred a litter in my younger days off 2 dogs I had 1 was a beddy x bitch other was collie grey saluki grey they weren't any good single on fox but they produced my a pup that went on to be a decent foxing dog  wasn't a world beater but I could have few a week on a good run 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Penda said:

Good luck mate I've been there a few times it's nee good if that's yah game I remember years ago I bred a litter in my younger days off 2 dogs I had 1 was a beddy x bitch other was collie grey saluki grey they weren't any good single on fox but they produced my a pup that went on to be a decent foxing dog  wasn't a world beater but I could have few a week on a good run 

It’s sickening to say the least. But I’ll hold out and get something out of the right stuff. A lot of dirt about lads breeding off stuff that has only seen game every other week. I’ll take my time what’s for you won’t pass you?

19 minutes ago, sionnach99 said:

It’s sickening to say the least. But I’ll hold out and get something out of the right stuff. A lot of dirt about lads breeding off stuff that has only seen game every other week. I’ll take my time what’s for you won’t pass you?

Yeah I know what yah mean mate 100% agree with that 1 ain't many dogs that can take the pressure when it's piled on some food easier then others 

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

What age did you enter the dogs out of interest?

One was about 18 months and the other was older neither was rushed neither worked sore both in good condition. they just didn’t want it and were shite simple as. 

• Like 5
30 minutes ago, sionnach99 said:

One was about 18 months and the other was older neither was rushed neither worked sore both in good condition. they just didn’t want it and were shite simple as. 

Crap when you've took the time with them as Well shame I hope you have some luck mate

• Thanks 2
22 minutes ago, sionnach99 said:

I know mate. It’s the luck of the draw. If they all worked we’d all have yards full of good ones..

You might be lucky and come across a well bred litter this summer mate.

Good luck...

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, mighty celt said:

will let you no if i hear of anything.will be breeding my bitch if she comes in season dont no is she gone past it to old.she started to come in then all of a sudden was gone a couple of weeks ago was gutted.

Cheers mate appreciate it ?

I've a bitch she's over eight years old and never been bred off .she great dog for foxes. If knew right person who either breed her or genuinely had good dog to put to her then I'd maybe sort something. Bit shame not to bred off her since she been a good dog .I may have to ptsleep this year age