• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The closest youve been to summitting a colossal mass was when you seen Gemma Collins in Brentwood you non starter 

With the rest of you on this, re organise the date for next year and get it on...this year is one big catch up starting now for lots of people..and who knows what happens next! Fishing Comp weeke

Deluded......you couldnt get up the stairs !

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I can do July

Yeah, it’s looking like we could be at war so you will definitely be surplus to requirements ! 

• Haha 1

Should be ok for the 18th, so what’s the deal is it a case of drive up walk up and down said mountain and drive back, or are we making an overnighter of it, would rather camp out personally but no a few will want a soft bed and a bath ?

FFB68D41-5383-4E30-945F-385ACAFDDA1D.jpeg

I'll probably head up on the Friday, it's a 6 hour drive from here so don't fancy driving it on the day.

If any of the lads down this way (greyman, Dytkos could get DC on the way through as well) want a lift I'll have room to save on vehicles etc..

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Looks like the dates set how high is it. I've got a decent hill close to me at 780m between gym and doing that every other weekend I should be fit enough lol

I don’t think you have to be that fit tbh. I’ve done a few around a 1000m or over in the Basque Country in the last couple of years without any prep. My six year old was up to maybe 700+m looking down on circling vultures last year.....

The height won’t bother me in the slightest......because, if by some mental slip I can be arsed to come along, I will be sat at the bottom in a bed chair with my Coleman, a mug of tea and radio 4 like any normal sane person.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I'll probably head up on the Friday, it's a 6 hour drive from here so don't fancy driving it on the day.

If any of the lads down this way (greyman, Dytkos could get DC on the way through as well) want a lift I'll have room to save on vehicles etc..

I have plenty of parking at mine mate and am 2mins off the m5 so if people want to meet up here and jump in with others they are welcome to leave a few cars here, bit better having some company and sharing fuel than taking a convoy up ??

• Like 3

It’s the smallest of the three peaks and lies somewhere between the two , not as easy as Snowdon , not as challenging as the Ben. There’s not really any need to train as such as it’s not an exped . A water bottle , a hat , a waterproof jacket in a daysack will do. 

It needs boots for the ankles but I’ve been up in trail trainers and broke in a pair of brand new boots on it as well. 

Dont be thinking it’s particularly arduous . A bad weather change on hellvellyn or a slip on the steps at coniston will spoil your day , scafell is a slow long slog , good underfoot and a good one for those who aren’t normally into the hills to tick off a list

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Just checked, I'm working on the Friday night so might need to book a day or 2 off,  plenty of time, want to get my fishing comp. dates in first ?

Cheers, D.

Fishing comp will be 20th weekend mate...

I'll start a thread later..

9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

It’s the smallest of the three peaks and lies somewhere between the two , not as easy as Snowdon , not as challenging as the Ben. There’s not really any need to train as such as it’s not an exped . A water bottle , a hat , a waterproof jacket in a daysack will do. 

It needs boots for the ankles but I’ve been up in trail trainers and broke in a pair of brand new boots on it as well. 

Dont be thinking it’s particularly arduous . A bad weather change on hellvellyn or a slip on the steps at coniston will spoil your day , scafell is a slow long slog , good underfoot and a good one for those who aren’t normally into the hills to tick off a list

My godfather, got me out Youth Hostelling back in the day. R.I.P. uncle Brian.

D.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Hartley

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I thought the hill walk was 18 July and fishing 20 August ??? Or am I getting confused already ?

No you got it mate, I'm prioritizing my holiday bookings for the comp, hill walk is a secondary consideration ?