New bike recommendations

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to say but Carrera push bikes were a very good well made bike I think from Italy, the ones sold by Halfords are just cheap Thai copy there have been several court cases over it apparently but it

Thought I see you other day mate lol

I got an old Raleigh max fully rigid mountain bike from a car boot for £20. In really good condition and everything works. I don't intend throwing myself down a mountain on it, just to the shops and d

Posted Images

1 minute ago, peterhunter86 said:

I'm looking to get a new bike, I won't be splashing out to much on one, 3 to 400 euros, anyone know of a half decent one, I can get at that price

There's loads mate, for that price don't go for full suspension. That money gets you a very decent s/h one.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, peterhunter86 said:

I'm looking to get a new bike, I won't be splashing out to much on one, 3 to 400 euros, anyone know of a half decent one, I can get at that price

Have a look on gumtree and the selling sites Pete.... Get some bargains... Just got a dirt jump bike for my lad, if I went out and bought all the little trick bits and extras would of cost me 12/1300 notes... Got it for £250 with the original receipt off the young kid?

• Like 2

Sorry to say but Carrera push bikes were a very good well made bike I think from Italy, the ones sold by Halfords are just cheap Thai copy there have been several court cases over it apparently but it’s no better than a Raleigh, be better off spending 300 notes on a second hand kona, orange or simular ✌️✌️

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Have a look on gumtree and the selling sites Pete.... Get some bargains... Just got a dirt jump bike for my lad, if I went out and bought all the little trick bits and extras would of cost me 12/1300 notes... Got it for £250 with the original receipt off the young kid?

I bought one off done deal a few months back, ffs it was brand new in the pic when your man showed up with it, f***ing thing looked like it was just pulled from a skip, he was a little posh crack head, I was fit to hurt the cnut

I wouldn’t bother with a carrera unless your capable of replacing everything apart from the frame it might be shimano equipped stuff but it’s the stuff at the bottom end . 

The fittings are cheap an rust as well. 

I got a Carrera Subway v brake non suspension for £50 off eBay and the gears and back wheel bearings went , the front wheel hub went rusty .

I managed to get a old merlin malt 1 Mtb for £25 sold the old bomber forks off it for £30 and swapped the v brakes and wheels onto the subway now I’m going to convert it to single speed .And it will be a low maintenance bike that will cope with everything from roads to gentle off roading along forestry roads /tractor tracks . 

There’s a few decent bikes for under £200 on eBay /Facebook market place 

I would look for a oldish good condition kona /Gary fisher /specialized /giant bike 

lot of bikes will be forsale in couple months when novelty wears off alot of mtbs being sold as everyone seems to be going over to gravel /cx bikes ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lots of options Pete, look at what you want it for then look at reviews on the internet, it's a minefield though so choose carefully, plenty of good deals out there, but not Halfords TBH

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Carrera vengeance ,,Got this for my lad cracking bike from Halfords comes with warranty ,

can also have it and pay in 3 monthly instalments take it back befor the 3 month for a free service 

I brought 2 of these one for me and one for the lad brilliant bikes 

34 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I wouldn’t bother with a carrera unless your capable of replacing everything apart from the frame it might be shimano equipped stuff but it’s the stuff at the bottom end . 

The fittings are cheap an rust as well. 

I got a Carrera Subway v brake non suspension for £50 off eBay and the gears and back wheel bearings went , the front wheel hub went rusty .

I managed to get a old merlin malt 1 Mtb for £25 sold the old bomber forks off it for £30 and swapped the v brakes and wheels onto the subway now I’m going to convert it to single speed .And it will be a low maintenance bike that will cope with everything from roads to gentle off roading along forestry roads /tractor tracks . 

There’s a few decent bikes for under £200 on eBay /Facebook market place 

I would look for a oldish good condition kona /Gary fisher /specialized /giant bike 

lot of bikes will be forsale in couple months when novelty wears off alot of mtbs being sold as everyone seems to be going over to gravel /cx bikes ?

I beg to differ sir