New bike recommendations

24 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

I beg to differ sir 

Not a problem it’s like cars people have certain favourite brands 

some get a good one some get sworn off them for life ?

The frame is a nice light one it just the components let it down , 

trek an Marin are couple good brands as well ?

• Like 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to say but Carrera push bikes were a very good well made bike I think from Italy, the ones sold by Halfords are just cheap Thai copy there have been several court cases over it apparently but it

Thought I see you other day mate lol

I got an old Raleigh max fully rigid mountain bike from a car boot for £20. In really good condition and everything works. I don't intend throwing myself down a mountain on it, just to the shops and d

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv went throo a load a bikes for kids am myself over years an Iv found Scott an Dawes to be decent, kitted all kids out with Dawes bikes few years ago an they was spot on an this time i got em all Scott bikes an they love em?

f***ing hell Don....had a dawes about 25 odd yrs ago.... Couldn't ride it around my way I used to get chased regularly lots of folks wanted it?got robbed  from outside superdrugs in the end... I'm stood at the tills and my mate chicken was outside pulling faces through the window at me and some cnut slipped away with it?f***ing choked lol... Screenshot_20200101-203344.png.fa05ef4678d68660e9535856e148d709.png

Got the son a carrera bike Pete for crimbo, great wee bikes they are. 

Iv a giant bike myself second hand but good bike. 

I'd advise in only getting a bike way suspension at front, them things way suspension bouncing out back of it, no good for long distances I unfortunately realised lol

Few lads on the estate just bought these sunn ronn electric bikes.... Cut a wire and they will do 65 mph over or up anything ?had a go of 1,f***ing unbelievable tbf..... 

Expensive but place by us does them on the hp?even road registerd... Would give the runners a good work out?

4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Few lads on the estate just bought these sunn ronn electric bikes.... Cut a wire and they will do 65 mph over or up anything ?had a go of 1,f***ing unbelievable tbf..... 

Expensive but place by us does them on the hp?even road registerd... Would give the runners a good work out?

Much are they Dan mate? 

Handy yoks them, could use one them to get to work lol instead of driving. 

8 minutes ago, Francie said:

Much are they Dan mate? 

Handy yoks them, could use one them to get to work lol instead of driving. 

They start from around 2800 mate.... Over 5 k for the bollocks all road registered, lights etc?

Halford stock the electric carreras from about 1100?

I got an old Raleigh max fully rigid mountain bike from a car boot for £20. In really good condition and everything works. I don't intend throwing myself down a mountain on it, just to the shops and down a few farm tracks with the dogs. It does what i want it for, a bit old school but then so am i.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, talt said:

One thing i will say is when you get one, throw the fooking seat away and get one with springs or padding. I persevered and my arse still hasn't forgiven me.

Haha good call bud, need a comfy seat. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

They start from around 2800 mate.... Over 5 k for the bollocks all road registered, lights etc?

Halford stock the electric carreras from about 1100?

Bit pricey to start of with dc, Halford have ones for 5ton way decent reviews. 

20 mile distance on each charge not bad lad fer flying about lol