The propaganda machine

42 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I think the argument put up by the god squad, is yes there are bones and fossils thousands of years before the great creator, but that’s only because the creator put them there in the first place for us to find and with that level of logic you will never get a reasonable argument, as anyone willing to swallow that type of shite without question are just not capable of anything more than listening to what they are told ?

The age of the earth for young earth believers is the calculation of an Irish Archbishop and not a very scientific calculation at that.

The Bible itself don’t actually state an age for the earth.

However, we also have to remember that the bible itself is a man made (all be it god breath) attempt to give shape and form to what human beings have sensed all along.

It’s also not out of the realms of possibility that there was a bloke born 2000 years ago who just “got it”......who just had the vision to spread this plan of how to live by yourself and with each other.

If Einstein can be born then Jesus can be born.

• Like 3

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to say, this attempt to ram normalisation down my throat every time I switch on the telly boils my piss. Every f***ing programme has some darkie cast in a role they have no business being

I remember telling people years ago that theres a war against the white man and most people said i was talking bollocks so im glad other people are starting to notice it as well....make no mistake abo

I don't believe in it either.  I do believe in been a good person, look after and provide for my family, and help anyone who asks for it. I don't need a religion to tell me to do that.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, WILF said:

The age of the earth for young earth believers is the calculation of an Irish Archbishop and not a very scientific calculation at that.

The Bible itself don’t actually state an age for the earth.

However, we also have to remember that the bible itself is a man made (all be it god breath) attempt to give shape and form to what human beings have sensed all along.

It’s also not out of the realms of possibility that there was a bloke born 2000 years ago who just “got it”......who just had the vision to spread this plan of how to live by yourself and with each other.

If Einstein can be born then Jesus can be born.

Don't you think the bible could be the biggest hoax of all time.

Did god whisper in someone's ear the words to write in the bible.

Or did man make it all up..

But surely Mary was unfaithful to saint Joseph.

She was pregnant and apparently a virgin.

But Joseph didn't have sex with her.

It's that sort of thing that I can't get my head around.

If a pregnant woman stood in court today and said she was a virgin

And claimed she didn't have sex with anyone.

What would the outcome be.

Surely she would be called a liar 

By the judge 

19 minutes ago, king said:

Don't you think the bible could be the biggest hoax of all time.

Did god whisper in someone's ear the words to write in the bible.

Or did man make it all up..

A hoax is trying to convince you of something that isn’t true mate.

How is it that?

It’s only really a blue print and a series of lessons for how men can live together socially and in a family situation in the best way possible.

Just now, WILF said:

A hoax is trying to convince you of something that isn’t true mate.

How is it that?

It’s only really a blue print and a series of lessons for how men can live together socially and in a family situation in the best way possible.

As I said in my last post wilf.

It's the virgin Mary part I can't understand.

Is that a hoax 

As I'm quite sure a virgin cannot get pregnant. 

5 minutes ago, king said:

But surely Mary was unfaithful to saint Joseph.

She was pregnant and apparently a virgin.

But Joseph didn't have sex with her.

It's that sort of thing that I can't get my head around.

If a pregnant woman stood in court today and said she was a virgin

And claimed she didn't have sex with anyone.

What would the outcome be.

Surely she would be called a liar 

By the judge 

Again, I don’t think the bible is meant to be taken in a literal sense.

To me, it’s an attempt to explain how someone as extraordinary as Jesus can be born and to ancient men that can only be by his mother being visited by the greater power that men have sensed through the ages.

If we didn’t fit it into these neat understandable packages we wouldn’t even be talking about it because our brain literally isn’t big enough to have any concept of what’s going on......that’s my opinion anyway.

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Ok if that’s what you think?

have you read a bible? Are you asking or telling ? 

we can plant babies inside folk now, would to u have belived that 75 years ago?

Like I said to you before. 

If I was a liar why would I make up shit lies.

Like self training myself to fly a paraglider.

Or being a very keen super bike rider 

And seeing how fast my bike could go.

Not very good lies really are they.

Now if I said I was an ex London banker

Or a professor or even a doctor 

Then yea fair enough that would be a real Lie.

6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Think there’s more proof of Jesus being alive than some of the Greek an Roman authors yet we deffo believe in them, an aint yhere summat like 10/15 diff sources that tell the Jesus story, other than the scriptures? 

I would not even bother to try and understand it that much mate, in a nutshell religion is no more than a crotch for weak people that don’t believe in themselves, these same idiots used to hide from thunder believing they had done something wrong and there is absolutely no proof of god or Jesus in legal terms there is more evidence of aliens than god, it’s just another way of making money from the sheep ? 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Again, I don’t think the bible is meant to be taken in a literal sense.

To me, it’s an attempt to explain how someone as extraordinary as Jesus can be born and to ancient men that can only be by his mother being visited by the greater power that men have sensed through the ages.

If we didn’t fit it into these neat understandable packages we wouldn’t even be talking about it because our brain literally isn’t big enough to have any concept of what’s going on......that’s my opinion anyway.

So basically we have to read between the lines so to speak then wilf.

It's a weird thing the bible.

As in you can believe in every word or just believe in little bits of it.

But yea you and me are entitled to our interpretation of it...

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

I would not even bother to try and understand it that much mate, in a nutshell religion is no more than a crotch for weak people that don’t believe in themselves, these same idiots used to hide from thunder believing they had done something wrong and there is absolutely no proof of god or Jesus in legal terms there is more evidence of aliens than god, it’s just another way of making money from the sheep ? 

With all due respect mate, that statement is all over the place.

Are you talking about faith in a sense of something more 

or

Are you talking about organised clubs founded on various bibles ?

1 minute ago, king said:

So basically we have to read between the lines so to speak then wilf.

It's a weird thing the bible.

As in you can believe in every word or just believe in little bits of it.

But yea you and me are entitled to our interpretation of it...

And that’s the clever thing about it, it makes you think.

You have to come to enlightenment by reading and thinking.......we all want stuff in little ready to eat and throw away packages these days, the bible don’t work like that imho 

• Like 1

This my view of the bible.

These days, everyone wants to take a pill and make every thing better.....it requires no effort because basically as people we can’t be arsed......we want the convenience of a pill.

The bible isn’t a pill, it’s a complete post mortem of your soul........it requires you to tare yourself to bits in reflection and thought, it requires brutal honesty and you may not like what you see, it will smash you down and then you need the courage and will to reconstruct yourself.......and it tells you how to do that too

If you want “a pill” then the Bible ain’t it.

Edited by WILF