Sober New Year?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I packed up drinking when I was 24, now it’s limited to the very rare occasion if I feel like a beer with a meal or some special occasion when it feels right. I have never missed it at all, ever.

Don’t sound sad at all mate.......I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it on here before  but I don’t drink at all now and realistically can’t ever see myself drinking again......yes there will be times lif

Try these mate. Cheers, D.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, sid g said:

stoney --- do you save the money you would of spent on booze i did for a while but gave up . 

I save some mate and spend the rest on travelling and trucks......getting a new small van next week for this years treat and going Thailand in 21 days (for the last time lol) ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Stoney100 said:

Not really mate, not since I stopped anyway, used to have it if I was driving sometimes lol I think it would lead to drinking proper beer again tbh

I’ve tried it & it’s pointless....... a bit like vegetarian sausages imo....

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, steve66 said:

9% no wonder your only allowed one lol

9.5 actually mate. The great thing about these beers is that you can have 2 or 3 & be ‘there’ without taking on pints of liquid & pissing all night ?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, sid g said:

i have it when i`m driving i can cope with it , brandy was my tipple so i can do beer no problem i do have the odd brandy now but at one time i could do 2 bottles a day  plus wine ..

Some going that mate, i did drink spirits and would polish off the bottle if I started one lol luckily tho it was something I never did regular as that game will f**k you up far quicker than Stella! 

I met an old guy in rehab who had everything.....massive house, own cd/dvd printing business at home, wife/kids etc but he drank 3 litres of whisky a day and the poor c**t looked like he had been dug up......he said he would need half a bottle just to stop shaking in the morning, another half a bottle to feel normal then the other two bottles to get drunk on throughout the day.....he had never took any drugs or smoked just started drinking at home when he moved his business there years ago and it built up over time till the point he was only a few bottles away from a liver transplant! To sum it up I was on half a diazepam in the morning and one before bed and did ten days in there......he was on 6 a day and countless other stuff and was looking at doing the whole course of 9 weeks!

Looking back tho, meeting and getting talking to him was good for me......harsh as it sounds I convinced myself there and then that wouldn’t be my future. We all know someone the same and I think it’s the saddest existence a man can have when it gets to that point and I know I’m lucky I caught it relatively early in life as no way I was lasting another 20 years the way I was going with it, probably not even 10 tbh

Edited by Stoney100
49 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Stoney.have you even drunk that non alcoholic lager.?

Do people really like the taste of drink....I mean unless I'm on the piss I'd much rather a cuppa or a glass of orange juice....I couldn't see the point of drinking non alchol9c lager personally...

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Do people really like the taste of drink....I mean unless I'm on the piss I'd much rather a cuppa or a glass of orange juice....I couldn't see the point of drinking non alchol9c lager personally...

Non alcoholic lager is pure shite, as is most lager full stop. A really good wine or a great whisky is another thing I think...... buts it’s accuired....

Some great real ales in the uk taste good & many of the Belgian beers are truly lovely in flavour.......

Edited by Accip74