SUPER POACHERS ??????

3 minutes ago, fred90 said:

all the old boys I used to talk to. (long dead). were horrified at the thought of lamping they used to say you may as well knock on keepers, farmers etc, door and tell them your coming. they were all longnetting men what they called proper poaching. 

tried long netting at night , caught a Bedlington whippet ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol. 68 and still above ground mate, still ferreting three days a week if I can this time of year. Fishing in the summer, fungi and foraging in the autumn. Use it or lose it. Cheers Arry

think the art of stealthy poaching went out the window when people started lobbing bull crosses out of subarus and tearing up fields , then plastering catch pics all over facebook , I count myself luc

No mobile phones no hidden cameras no old bill in fekin helicopters us that did a bit from the 70s to the early 90s had easey compaired to now days.lol

Posted Images

Stumfelter. Strange you mention such hideous thing but, not far from my home, in a well known Midlands location, not far from Micky, are a number of what can only be described as man traps. Clearly they were laid to catch anyone daring to poach the local deer. I can only say that if you were doing a runner without local knowledge then it must have been 50/50 you'd be caught or without doubt a leg in a minstrosity of a trap. I'm 144. Jok.

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, micky said:

Reading these replies it is  obvious there are not many people left who can remember those old Keepers  because if you thought that you could walk around their patch with a Spotlight catching Rabbits they would soon educated , these were tough Men and everything on their side Dogs could be shot for just being on the land , they could dish out as much violence as they  liked and any court in the land would back them up so if you wanted to be the owner of a dead Dog , have a lump on your nut the size of an Egg and spend the next few days while  waiting for your summons by trying to prise a Million Candle power lamp  out yer BUM crack on .

Bet you my dad could batter your dad

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

There's so much b*llocks talked about poaching that sometimes it's embarrassing to read....

It is what it is...

Jump over the gate, after midnight, and dont hang about...

I agree though, it all gets a bit ,Danny the champion of the world, at times...

Itll never change, even when you have perm your looking into next door at every opportunity.. ..lol 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I don't think they died out in the sixtys though Wentworth estate near me had one through to the 80s that shot dogs on site and was known for threatning people with guns another keeper from the Selby area known for violence and once setting his attack trained Rottweiler on an old boy poaching was another keeper it was best to avoid both of them now dead.

Was one ray walker ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

newkid......

how did antis come to be chasing you??

The badger cull was on local, I rang one perm ( the lady I mentioned earlier) and she said they were up there culling that night, so rang another and was fine...I think they were doing the rounds looking to disrupt the cull and saw my lamp and became a pain in the ass....

The farmer came out and td them to f**k off, but it was obviously just a write off....videoing everything etc etc...I'd rather keep my head down on or off perm...so took em for a walk into the middle of nowhere, more turned up as I was sat watching, flashing lights everywhere...they aren't very inconspicuous...lol.... I didn't want to take them to the motor for obvious reasons...

Heard some bad reports from lads involved in the cull, 1 bloke was supposed to have been given a proper hiding off a few blokes, wasted they are paying poles to do the dirty work....only hearsay but woukdnt put it past them....

Culls finished now so hopefully they'll go back into hibernation!! Lol

1 hour ago, kinkell said:

Bet you my dad could batter your dad

1 hour ago, stumfelter said:

You've been reading tales of the old poachers again haven't you Micky, by my calculations you must be at least 143 years old! Next you'll be telling us how the keepers used to set man traps and you could be sent to the colonies for stealing thruppence , etc, etc....

Why write that ? it's just nonsense, Daft Lad .