Justify this

3 hours ago, fireman said:

Cinny's and silvers mate :thumbs:...

Two crows i don't keep birds at the moment,to busy with work and what time i have spare is taken up with terriers at this time of my life but they will be back...:victory:

been a while since last seen a cinny ? goldies now as common as sparrows yet yellow hammers are getting scarce ?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some keepers i know do a hare shoot and hundreds are shot,just like they allways have been on big shooting estates and the hare numbers keep coming back up as they will on a well run shooting estate w

How can you justify or condemn anything without knowing the facts? General comments... Well keepered land will give booming game populations and the single most important factor in hare populatio

I know a few shoots that do that and it's because the coursing boys drive fields and threaten the land owners if caught,stop driving the land and stop being div w*nkers and they won't have to do it.As

Posted Images

4 hours ago, fireman said:

Cinny's and silvers mate :thumbs:...

Two crows i don't keep birds at the moment,to busy with work and what time i have spare is taken up with terriers at this time of my life but they will be back...:victory:

used to have cinamons  lutinos  silvers pieds  and combinations of all  messed about trying different combos.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, two crows said:

DSCF8191.JPG

DSCF8192.JPG

DSCF8195.JPG

Nice them two crows I’ve always kept birds used to breed an show red canarys I’ve bred a few goldfinches an goldie mules in the past I used to be pretty serious in to bird breeding showing but the last few years I’ve winded down due to family life,work,dogs not enough hours in the day I got rid of my red stud bought a couple of pairs of Fife’s to keep my hand in the things bred like mice! Give them all away kept  2 young hens got rid of my british birds I’ve kept 2cock goldfinchs to have a play at a bit of muleing again this season. Keeping birds is a easy hobby to get carried away with ain’t it 

• Like 2
On 13/10/2019 at 08:56, jigsaw said:

and here am i trying to find a hare for a run,their as scarce as hens teeth around my way ,if i got 2 or 3 runs in a week id be over the moon...

I bet silage cutting is a massive contributing factor to that mate, I know round here some people got 3 cuts this year with the nice weather and I have not seen a hare for ages.

On a mainly grass based system, the majority of hares will form on grassland and when you are running over them 3 times over the breeding months with a cutter then it’s going to have an impact.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
29 minutes ago, WILF said:

I bet silage cutting is a massive contributing factor to that mate, I know round here some people got 3 cuts this year with the nice weather and I have not seen a hare for ages.

On a mainly grass based system, the majority of hares will form on grassland and when you are running over them 3 times over the breeding months with a cutter then it’s going to have an impact.

I was talking to a dog racing man years ago who told me of a hare landing in front of them as they were exercising their dogs, the combine in the field had threw it up in the air, the fields are a so called business park these days, but there's still a few hares grazing about

I heard one time in the old days the scythe men sometimes called the harvest cutting the hare

• Like 2
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Nice them two crows I’ve always kept birds used to breed an show red canarys I’ve bred a few goldfinches an goldie mules in the past I used to be pretty serious in to bird breeding showing but the last few years I’ve winded down due to family life,work,dogs not enough hours in the day I got rid of my red stud bought a couple of pairs of Fife’s to keep my hand in the things bred like mice! Give them all away kept  2 young hens got rid of my british birds I’ve kept 2cock goldfinchs to have a play at a bit of muleing again this season. Keeping birds is a easy hobby to get carried away with ain’t it 

could bore you to tears mate about mutaton greenys lol

• Haha 2