New Pup saluki x

New Pup 7 weeks old scratching like mad losing a lot of hair daily. Got him booked into vets not until Monday though. He seems to be getting worse no flea infestation and I have treated him anyway. I was thinking mange Any ideas not best pics will get more up later.

20190925_150313.jpg

20190925_145054.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pup finally come good!

Cheers guys new vet diagnosed him with sarcoptic  mange which surprised me. But his hair growing back as fast as it disappeared!

If there are no signs of mange mites, burrowing under the skin, causing bleeds and pustules, etc,...there is no point in trying to eradicate a parasite that is not on the host... It is best to co

Posted Images

That is a disgrace! Whoever let a pup go in that condition should not own a dog.

See if you can get some Benzyl benzoate from a chemist and rub that on, i wouldn't wait till Monday. 

Edited by ianm
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, ianm said:

That is a disgrace! Whoever let a pup go in that condition should not own a dog.

See if you can get some Benzyl benzoate from a chemist and rub that on, i wouldn't wait till Monday. 

Yep, looks like demodectic mange

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Looks like mange to me ??Hope you get it sorted quickly I’d be contacting the breeder give them the heads up an ask for vets fees if they get on the offensive name an shame the feckers if there on here no excuse for letting pups go like that 

• Like 3

My mate and I bought 2 litter mates from "proper"dog men 2 years ago,both had demodectic mange,my mate culled his after weeks of treatment,vet visits,...we used advocate,pour on,...it's not meant for puppies under 6 months I think,but after a lot of effort,my dog came good...big names in the dog game they were,and years of hunting behind them,but the conditions they were reared in was stomach churning,.....and I'm afraid it looked similar to yours,I hope you get it sorted fast

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

My mate and I bought 2 litter mates from "proper"dog men 2 years ago,both had demodectic mange,my mate culled his after weeks of treatment,vet visits,...we used advocate,pour on,...it's not meant for puppies under 6 months I think,but after a lot of effort,my dog came good...big names in the dog game they were,and years of hunting behind them,but the conditions they were reared in was stomach churning,.....and I'm afraid it looked similar to yours,I hope you get it sorted fast

Yes kind of same deal here. Pup was very small riddled with worms distended stomach. Iv had him 4 days and he has piled on the weight but skin got worse I first thought fleas but I treated him and zero sign of fleas. So will see what vets say!

18 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

So not so proper dog men after all then! I’ve seen a few times over the years we’re so called proper dog men breed a litter An think there reputation as good dog men or status in the game automatically means good reared pups Some of the time these dudes think corners can be cut to save on rearing cost An miner detail in rearing because of status in the game they think that breeding alone or how much gear the parents seen is a sure thing on end result of quality litter. In my eyes all aspects have to be in order in a litter quality and condition has to shine through in the parents and pups alike the surroundings have to be clean an tidy were the pups are reared 

• Like 4