Iron Arms

I know it wont be of interest to many but its the biggest night of the World Arm Wrestling League calendar on Wednesday night....i was chatting with a couple of chaps off here a while ago who seemed vaguely interested so if you,ve been following it whats your predictions ?

I reckon at heavyweight... Michael Todd to beat Jerry Cadorette

Middleweight ...Rvj to beat Justin Bishop ( but i hope he doesnt )

LIghtweight ...Tony Kitowski to beat Sam Harris

The feature match Larratt to win.....and look out for a cracking little blonde sort Sarah Backman to win the womens match.

Should be a great night of honest,direct physical confrontation,knowledge and technical ability.....to the 1 or 2 folk with any interest ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gnasher sent me a photo of it .

Max, your making yourself look a prat, wind your neck in ffs. Cheers, D.

A naked action man wearing a NCB jacket and hob nailed boots .

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I know it wont be of interest to many but its the biggest night of the World Arm Wrestling League calendar on Wednesday night....i was chatting with a couple of chaps off here a while ago who seemed vaguely interested so if you,ve been following it whats your predictions ?

I reckon at heavyweight... Michael Todd to beat Jerry Cadorette

Middleweight ...Rvj to beat Justin Bishop ( but i hope he doesnt )

LIghtweight ...Tony Kitowski to beat Sam Harris

The feature match Larratt to win.....and look out for a cracking little blonde sort Sarah Backman to win the womens match.

Should be a great night of honest,direct physical confrontation,knowledge and technical ability.....to the 1 or 2 folk with any interest ?

Is it something you have had a go at yourself mate?......with most sport age will catch upto you, god knows it has with me at football but it seems arm wrestling don’t  really have age barriers and is something competitive blokes can carry on doing whatever their age? 

44 minutes ago, socks said:

Is it televised gnash ??? 

It wont be live mate i have to watch it on the pc.....you pay a few quid and get one of your kids to set it up for you ?.....but yes it will be shown at some point,look out for the Showcase channel number 192 on a wednesday night.....i think they are going through the Wal 400's at the moment which is last years.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, WILF said:

Is it something you have had a go at yourself mate?......with most sport age will catch upto you, god knows it has with me at football but it seems arm wrestling don’t  really have age barriers and is something competitive blokes can carry on doing whatever their age? 

Yes ive competed at a decent level Wilf ive been at it for years but we,ve only just set up proper competition tables and specific training nights in local gyms its nowhere near as big In England as parts of Europe and America/Canada......but yes you can stay competitive till later in life at a good level,technique and physiological understanding plays a massive part as does strength and the whole psychology of sport..... its as confrontational as you can get yet you very rarely see anything less than total respect and sportsmanship.....it really is a nice sport.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Forgive me stupidity ? but how do ye learn? Is there clubs? Messing about with pals, go on courses, surely it can’t all be natural?

an what muscles are used exactly in this? 

Erm the muscles in your arm you fukcing dumb arse ?

• Haha 6
26 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Is anyone else picturing Stallone in Over The Top 

Its funny you say that.....Wilf mentioned age,and 2 of the top pullers over the years John Brzenk and Allen Fisher both appeared in that film......still pulling at a high level going into their 60's.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Forgive me stupidity ? but how do ye learn? Is there clubs? Messing about with pals, go on courses, surely it can’t all be natural?

an what muscles are used exactly in this? 

A lot of gyms are getting into it mate our gym here has 14 competition tables and we have training nights twice per week......messing about with your pals across the dining table will teach you nothing and is dangerous.

Its more about tendon strength than muscle strength but of course everything helps.....you have to be strong in the whole arm from fingertips to shoulder,strong lats,strong abs,they are all going to come into play.....a perfectly built arm wrestler will have toothpicks for legs and carry all his power up top......but its mostly about the connections you can make between muscle groups/tendons/ligaments etc......its not just a muscle fest !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Oh there’s deffo a diff between a nice fit bird that can hold her own in the gym or where ever, an some them man chicks that have everything but the dick ?

all that  aside the strongest woman in world (I think) lives across the street from me?

Pics to prove please ketchup or I don't believe you . Max might put them in his w#nk bank lol 

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

Women arm wrestlers ?

We can't be having that can we ' weather they are blonde ' brunette or a red head ' women should not be participating in such a sport surely.

Now your not going to start expressing relentlessly uncompromising opinions on something you know absolutely nothing about are you.

That would be so out of character for you.

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

The total opposite ' I remember Savannah Marshall boxing wasn't quite welcomed from certain quarters .

Hypocrosy at its best ?

Dont be a f****n idiot.....women can get hurt boxing....i dont want to see any woman get hurt.