BRICKWORK PRICE ,DAYWORK ????????

Been in the building trade all my life and half prices you hear that blokes reckon theyre getting is a load of old bollocks.All these blokes clearing a grand a week but never seem to have f**k all.Did my fair share oon the hod as a youngun and will still pick it up now if we cant get a decent lad on board.All great when you're young but it catches up with you in the end.Id tell any youngster these days stay in education and use your brain to earn a living.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been in the building trade all my life and half prices you hear that blokes reckon theyre getting is a load of old bollocks.All these blokes clearing a grand a week but never seem to have f**k all.Did

It’s about averaging it out mate when your rained off for 4 months a year a bag of sand a week is not so great, the building trade has given me a living and f****d my body up nothing more and nothing

you lads have hit the nail on the head in the lat few posts, its a hard job and takes its toll on you physically and mentally... when its good its really good and you basically name your price bu

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Been in the building trade all my life and half prices you hear that blokes reckon theyre getting is a load of old bollocks.All these blokes clearing a grand a week but never seem to have f**k all.Did my fair share oon the hod as a youngun and will still pick it up now if we cant get a decent lad on board.All great when you're young but it catches up with you in the end.Id tell any youngster these days stay in education and use your brain to earn a living.

Don't know about you but the prices are real, the more you earn the more you spend. 

• Like 1

No doubt brickies around here are having the best time of it that I can remember.

My best mate is a brickie and for a long while they were the poorest trade on site, shit really...not now..loads of house building and shortage of labour drives prices up...I hate the new estates everywhere around here, but at least the good lads are getting some reward...

Make hay while the sunshines cause as sure as shit stinks the bubble will burst at some point 

• Like 5

I dont like pricing footings,cause time u set it out,and get them.(id advise u do)to give you dpc datum,then they throw the concrete in with no levels,rake finish,miles out of level,then give you trench blocks,300mm wide,how the grannys you going to cut them.

26 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

I dont like pricing footings,cause time u set it out,and get them.(id advise u do)to give you dpc datum,then they throw the concrete in with no levels,rake finish,miles out of level,then give you trench blocks,300mm wide,how the grannys you going to cut them.

Use a water level?

F9D726BE-4EE2-4194-A8A5-799582BEE82E.jpeg.26fff61e77049e50a6f741ff0b323cf3.jpeg

cant beat footings.,, what’s not to love?

i check all of them with a laser cos the engineers dabs are never right 

• Haha 5
40 minutes ago, si brown said:

Use a water level?

F9D726BE-4EE2-4194-A8A5-799582BEE82E.jpeg.26fff61e77049e50a6f741ff0b323cf3.jpeg

cant beat footings.,, what’s not to love?

i check all of them with a laser cos the engineers dabs are never right 

clean up after yourselves and the groundworkers would pump out that water for you?20190529_122127.jpg.aa4eeef99830472f09ea26440f14422b.jpgI spend most of my time ,flying from site to site correcting other trades boo boos, ground workers,brickies and f***ing lazy retarded plumbers ?the brickies are the dirtiest trade on site these days imo.......used to be the sparkies and plumbers ?...hard to find anyone under 30 with a brain and a bit of get up and go these days....they all on the bag,lending money for a breakfast roll on a monday because they've spunked their wage up the nose ?‍♂️reason why they shit hot with the drug testing on site now?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

clean up after yourselves and the groundworkers would pump out that water for you?20190529_122127.jpg.aa4eeef99830472f09ea26440f14422b.jpgI spend most of my time ,flying from site to site correcting other trades boo boos, ground workers,brickies and f***ing lazy retarded plumbers ?the brickies are the dirtiest trade on site these days imo.......used to be the sparkies and plumbers ?...hard to find anyone under 30 with a brain and a bit of get up and go these days....they all on the bag,lending money for a breakfast roll on a monday because they've spunked their wage up the nose ?‍♂️reason why they shit hot with the drug testing on site now?

That is them lookin after us,

i work for the Civils contractor?

your not wrong about the nose bags though, I got it out of me system years ago when the kids came along!

but it’s embarrassing now, 3/4 the site fecks off on dt day?

a 17 year old kid got banned from every linden site for weed when he came back from dam.. argued like f over it being ok over there but they weren’t having non of it! 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Didn't realise how bad it had got with site brickies getting on the gear.That would explain why their work is so f***ing rough and why half of them can just about manage to run a line between 2 profiles.

• Like 1

Started on the bricks with my father back in the late seventies every one wore there old suits nae waterproof jackets ore fancy geer just Bry nylon shirts and when a button came of bit of string or a nail to keep it together those were the days

3 hours ago, dogmandont said:

I’ve a brother a self employed brickie and he’s taking home 1500 a week but when you take out food and board and flights back and forth it’s no fortune. 

How much is sleeping in your own bed in your family home worth? Priceless. Drinking every night in some Boys From the Blackstuff fantasy is a load of bollocks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

How much is sleeping in your own bed in your family home worth? Priceless. Drinking every night in some Boys From the Blackstuff fantasy is a load of bollocks.

They are earning wages like that in their own bed atm.