Anybody losing their love for the game?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats different about it there's still hares and running dogs a few seasons ago I had nothing but bad luck at the time id 9 couple of foxhounds I losted a bitch in pup and two very good hounds du

I love the mouching game,...alongside my Wife,..it is my life...?

No the ban will never be over turned but it doesn't have to stop you doing something you have always done just don't get caught 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Places are being wiped out completely with thermal.

It's mainly done to stop lads walking the land so some fat feck sat in a 4x4  with nv wipes everything out the main blame goes to those that drive the land causing damage that's why they get the rifle lot in 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

It's mainly done to stop lads walking the land so some fat feck sat in a 4x4  with nv wipes everything out the main blame goes to those that drive the land causing damage that's why they get the rifle lot in 

Its done because they can no other reason, places that used to hold a few fox are now completely wiped, they stood half a chance with NV they stand no chance at all with thermal. Thermal is totally different to NV. Its nothing to do with driving the land.

• Like 1

I agree Joe, it needs to be licensed in some way as every Tom, Dick and Harry is just going out and shooting whatever they fancy. It’s a total disgrace. I know one lad that went out and shot 70 hares in one night because he’d seen lads coursing on the land the day before, it’s out of hand.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Its done because they can no other reason, places that used to hold a few fox are now completely wiped, they stood half a chance with NV they stand no chance at all with thermal. Thermal is totally different to NV. Its nothing to do with driving the land.

Joe I stand corrected on the nv but I have heard it first hand about driving the fields leaving gear were it's dropped damage to fences  etc all blamed on us I have even heard any theft is down to poachers with dogs 

1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

Joe I stand corrected on the nv but I have heard it first hand about driving the fields leaving gear were it's dropped damage to fences  etc all blamed on us I have even heard any theft is down to poachers with dogs 

I have no doubt in some instances it is down to idiots doing as you say, same old story though poachers get blamed for everything bad that happens always have always will.

• Like 2

I've seen a few hunters lose interest and their passion for hunting,mainly family or work related.Things change,kids grow up and they get back into the dogs.I don't think it every leaves you completely.Once your hooked  you take it to the grave or pass it down to your kids.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 5
9 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I've seen a few hunters lose interest and their passion for hunting,mainly family or work related.Things change,kids grow up and they get back into the dogs.I don't think it every leaves you completely.Once your hooked  you take it to the grave or pass it down to your kids.

Yeah my eldest goes over his mates farm ,ferreting air guns etc used to get updates on him coming back with a surplus drake or cockerel cull for him to freezer prep ?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, dodger said:

Smart hounds bet it's good watching them work n range what do you feed them pal

they are mainly feed on chicken carcasses and thighs at the min just because it very hand got and plenty of it and cheap but but once the cooler weather come i feed more beef

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Crackers said:

That’s you lol man above said a running dog!!! ?‍♂️? if it’s a hindrance stop it simple as that ??

definitely no hindrance it keeps me sane no better feeling than watching your own hounds working hard across open ground then marking to ground makes all them early mornings and late nights worth it

• Like 2