It's a pup don't expect to much out of her let bitch be a pup , an at 6 month old how can you tell she be no good for earth work ? 

• Like 1

I just don't think she will have it in her like I said she a bit soppy at home  and i don't want to expect to much from her but want my foot some what on the peddle  just enough to know what will be expected of her in future 

Edited by Harry255
  • Sad 1

Borders can be slow starters as it but any pup ain't gona show you much at that age gi it a chance like it may well surprise you 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harry255 said:

I just don't think she will have it in her like I said she a bit soppy at home  and i don't want to expect to much from her but want my foot some what on the peddle  just enough to know what will be expected of her in future 

Dogs temperament towards people is no bearing on it's potential I have dogs here 1 is people shy the rest are over friendly and 'soppy' as you would say

Show it a block end or stick it in a barrel with a fox.Works every time

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Harry255 said:

A lad I know gave a bitch away at 18 month old as would not enter or rag a dead one lad he gave it to dug the bitch two month later the bitch never looked back , so no matter the temperature of a pup you can't say dog will not work to ground 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Harry255 said:

Ight lads looking for some advice.  Got a 6 month border X lakie bitch. Grand lil dodg but I've decided she ain't gonna be no good for earth work  I think she gone to soft  how ever. She. Nailed a rat when walking through  our grain barn the other day and at work has started bushing  showing interest in rabbit wholes. At work. But I tried to take her out today. At home and bush her and she was sittin there staring at. Me like a limp dick   she knows what I want here to do and the commands. Cause she been doing it all this week  is there any tips/tricks to make sure your dog's is getts bushing ect  just slightly worried now that she gonna be usless for  everything. Cheers   PS. I've never let the her  take the piss with me. 

She's a baby and she's got a lot of growing up to do yet,she's nailed a rat and is showing interest in a hole so she's going in the right direction for a young un and as for obidiance she's got the teenage i'll do what the feck i want bit to go through as well.So just let her be a puppy and let her just find scents and see what she can whilst she's growing and learning and keep on doing it and one day it will click all together in some shape and form. Also if you want her to see some earthwork find a hole on your farm we can dig then give me a shout and as i'm 6 miles from the Suffolk border and work in suffolk i'll bring a terrier down and she can watch it work..:thumbs:

• Like 3

get rid and move onto something else don't sound like dogs are for you ... :good:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All the working dogs I was brought up around where brought up around the family and were soft lazy and very submissive at home. But they all worked hard in the field and did their job well. The way a dog behaves is no baring on how it will work, it either has the drive to go to ground and work it’s quarry, or it doesn’t.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Sounds like a fishing exercise

and they`ll be a few happy to respond ..

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now