Just now, forest of dean redneck said:

Swimming helps keep them cool an fit, never knew the breed  didn't like it though ?

Not sure if its a breed thing or just the ones I've had. They all could swim if they had to, like falling in a pond or river, but never dived in out of choice. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

link you put up not working for me but this was him

Is that a letter box for when socks posts a letter ?

Sounds like the Chinese versions

Posted Images

Just now, walshie said:

Not sure if its a breed thing or just the ones I've had. They all could swim if they had to, like falling in a pond or river, but never dived in out of choice. 

Maybe its inherited instinct, dry country of origin and most water courses out there you might not make it out alive ?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, walshie said:

She loves to swim. Most unridgeback-like. She spent a good half hour in and out of the sea this afternoon. 

20200601_140437.jpg.d4aab55b9d6ba2a78f8bdcf3f473051f.jpg

Lovely looking dog good confirmation lovely strong legs n wrists she looks well looked after good boots on her aswell..

• Like 1
5 hours ago, walshie said:

They are very protective of their property and the family. More so the bitches, so you have to make sure you don't over-encourage the guarding instinct or you could end up with a real arsehole. I'm sure some people want that, but I'd rather have a dog that's a pleasure to have around, not a constant worry.

I know the mrs is safe with her around though. 

A friend used to have two that looked very much like yours, some of his friends used to ring the house first before calling round to make sure the dogs weren't roaming around and to put them in the back room but once they knew you they was sound one more than the other, good guards round the stables tho n loved ratting n abit of bushing , he owned some land that held a few hares and one of them would regularly put hares up while mooching about and even put a bend or two into a few so the hunting instinct must have still been there, he said that some of them are surprisingly quick and agile aswell as possessing plenty stamina.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, dodger said:

Lovely looking dog good confirmation lovely strong legs n wrists she looks well looked after good boots on her aswell..

yeh  , surprised  you dont see many out x to a greyhound , or a lurcher, they deff got lot to offer  with the above  and there a hound as well, plus may even guard your kennels , mind you  my dog 1/2 gsd   and he dont guard  lol, so you never really know once you stick running dog to them .?

Just now, forest of dean redneck said:

Was few ridgeback lurchers mentioned on here years ago.

I suppose now its the ridgeback is not all that common. 

4 minutes ago, bird said:

yeh  , surprised  you dont see many out x to a greyhound , or a lurcher, they deff got lot to offer  with the above  and there a hound as well, plus may even guard your kennels , mind you  my dog 1/2 gsd   and he dont guard  lol, so you never really know once you stick running dog to them .?

I had one .. was passed about a bit before I got him bit he was a good dog he wouldn't take no shite and would guard and bite people , he went back to the person I got him off when I moved over to NI .

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, bird said:

I did here of a couple about 20 year ago think they were from the north east that was supposed to be decent alrounders ray but iv not heard of any for a good while now although young Jacobs Troy dog has abit of ridge back in him n that's a handy dog..

2 minutes ago, dodger said:

I did here of a couple about 20 year ago think they were from the north east that was supposed to be decent alrounders ray but iv not heard of any for a good while now although young Jacobs Troy dog has abit of ridge back in him n that's a handy dog..

Mine came from the north east born about 15yr ago ..

There's probably pics on this forum of him 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dodger said:

http://s259.photobucket.com/user/chid21/media/sbarney.jpg.html

is this him chid looks a strong stirdy dog just look at those forelegs pasterns stifle n wrists real durable n must be an attribute from the ridgeback 

link you put up not working for me but this was himsbarney.jpg.e6882c1a48d69da005ef6437d192b0c9.jpgHPIM1061.jpg.42e9ac9f3955bbcd66eec95a9c1d5373.jpg

• Like 7
  • 4 months later...