Well just looking at different terrier locators and was thinking about buying a mk3 but just wondering about your thoughts?

I use the 40ft one when I'm on my own as I find the pinpoint much more accurate than the bnf so less digging although I'm sure we are probably only talking a handful of shovels , but when I head out with the boys it's not worth bringing for what slagging I get. It's not as robust as others on the market but if minded it's a handy piece of equipment.

Edited by howdeeposxxt

7 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

I use the 40ft one when I'm on my own as I find the pinpoint much more accurate than the bnf so less digging although I'm sure we are probably only talking a handful of shovels , but when I head out with the boys it's not worth bringing for what slagging I get. It's not as robust as others on the market but if minded it's a handy piece of equipment.

Yes. And do you ever have any trouble with it.

mk3 are rubbish wouldnt have 1 abot me....belman collar an barryvox you wont go wrong...

1 hour ago, chris a said:

Yes. And do you ever have any trouble with it.

Frequency went of once but sent it back and got rectified. If you can afford the bnf do because most terriermen sware by them I'm sure their right but from my experience to pinpoint your terriers location the 40ft is more accurate as some tims the bnf can tell you it's 2ft in one area and 2ft in an area that is a bit away from the first lowest reading. 

Thay take some getting used to did not like one I had , so got a ortovox box an b&f collar £280 for both not much more then the  40ft one 

Went to the bellman years ago but found deben mk3 with the pinpoint dial absolutely spot on. Noisy but as precise as anything I'd seen really.

Had a 40ft terrier by deben and it was good until end of this season the depth was f****d everything doubled it would say a 3ft dig was a 6ft so chucked it in river once terrier was out 

A lad I know had the same problem. His terrier dropped in and we got a phone call saying his dog was at eight foot in tough ground in an earth that was never deep. we drove half hour over to him and broke through half hour later at less than 4 foot. He has hellman now.

very precise locator. can read deeper than it really is as already mentioned. but you will be bang on the dog everytime. I use my bellman more , and in bigger earths but the MK3 is bang on. 

The bellman is everything you lads say it is ,sometimes a bit out but what it does do is force you to dig a bigger hole than you’d otherwise do which is never a bad thing in my book .

The Deben  noise does my head in ,especially as it reaches a pitch when near a mark ,never needed and very annoying no matter how accurate it is .

Learn to use the real deal like real terriermen lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

The bellman is everything you lads say it is ,sometimes a bit out but what it does do is force you to dig a bigger hole than you’d otherwise do which is never a bad thing in my book .

The Deben  noise does my head in ,especially as it reaches a pitch when near a mark ,never needed and very annoying no matter how accurate it is .

Learn to use the real deal like real terriermen lol.

Real terrier men don't need locaters they just use their ears and common sense lol put that in your pipe and smoke it hahahah.

Would agree mate but we also have running water and electricity nowadays which does away with to the stream and boil over open fire .

Real terriermen don’t smoke either .

49 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Would agree mate but we also have running water and electricity nowadays which does away with to the stream and boil over open fire .

Real terriermen don’t smoke either 

Ya got me there. As for the topic the Deben is much more accurate but not anywhere near rubust as for digging a big enough hole to suit your dig on the way down should be done regardless of what box you have in your hand in fairness. 

Would the signal from either system interfere with the other if you used both on the same strap? I'm sure I read on here about someone using a bellman and a mk1 to pinpoint the dog. 

• Like 1