Changes to the general license

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inclined to agree with Matt here and as it was only announced at 3.30pm BASC have had no time to do anything as yet plus the CLA will be up in arms and the farmers union plus the young farmers as

Thanks for your support Sue Fisher        

I thought I would share this with you lot, I’m not sure on the legality of sharing the email that has just been passed to me so I won’t post it on here the email is from an MP from Yorkshire, he

Posted Images

1 minute ago, timmytree said:

Bloody hell Dave, it took me quite a while to read that but I agree. Topless lady conductors on all buses and trains would be great and all airline stewardesses should be naked pole dancers is brilliant.

Posted a link in the wrong place, couldn’t work out how to delete it. ??‍♂️

4 hours ago, Archibold said:

What's expected from you guys from the new gl licence then?

f**k all mate. For it to work perhaps...?

All my landowners told me I need to keep up on the corvids. One landowners puts it... “it’s a branch falls off a tree and no ones about to see it happen, does it make a sound?”

That’s what people that know, or care about the country side think about the GL.

cue Timmehhhhh...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

Already these poorly educated folk are trying to pick holes in the revised licences.

They have won once, they know they can make an impact now. This is how it will be, and the bigger fuss that’s made, the more uneducated (in shooting terms) will join them. Slippery slope? 

If NE had taken the time to do this properly and shut them down. No one on the outside would have known any difference. But by NE acting the way they did every Scott’s women with a pet crow is involved now, and on “their” side.  

Edited by Dave_4
23 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’m just watching James Martin and he’s cooking wood pigeon, I hope he didn’t shoot them 

They will have been gifted to him by a pest controller, shot over freshly drilled peas on wednesday pal ??

• Haha 1

I can imagine this is going to go on for a very long time. There is no mention of wild songbird protection or ground nesting birds such as lapwings or native population of woodcock on there so that licence means that there will almost be periods during the year where there is no valid reason to shoot crows.

If all other species covered are as vaguely covered then branchers day on rooks will be a thing of the past and maggies will be flying free after the last clutches of blackbirds have fledged late summer.

I hope these new laws will be revised again.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/711736/a08-take-wild-birds-for-health-safety-form_May_2018.pdf

That is the link for the "new" G.L ,they only thing they dont want is length of penis and mum,s maiden name ,grid references, proof of alternative method,s tried ,liason with N,E that caused this mess .MM looks like a doozy .Crow licence GOOD ,other bird licence bad ,unwieldy ,long winded ass covering ,probably printed on toilet roll as thats all its fit for

• Haha 1

I believe there is still will be a lot going pigeon shooting this weekend . Who is going to police it , police haven’t enough officers to deal with call outs for this type of so called crime and most pigeons are shot where jo public is not allowed any how 

• Like 5

Oh cheers Tim was sent that as the new link ,i have the crow licence ready to print off but had been sent  that as the new licence application.Do you have a link for the correct 1 please at my age its easy to get confused dot.com