Changes to the general license

I've just been reading this on another forum ........

The Government has bowed to Chris Packham and is banning most pigeon, crow, gull and Canada goose shooting.
Natural England – the Government agency responsible – is “revoking three general licences for controlling certain wild birds as of Thursday 25 April 2019,” says the Government in a statement. It adds: “These licences (GL 04/05/06) cover 16 species of birds including several members of the crow family, Canada goose, some gulls and pigeons.”

Chris Packham crowdfunded and launched a legal challenge called Wild Justice to the way the licences are issued, arguing that shooters are not acting lawfully. Government lawyers appear to have folded and let Packham have his way.

Taken by surprise by the decision, Natural England says it is “working at pace to put in place over the next few weeks alternative measures to allow lawful control of these bird species to continue where necessary”.

In the meantime, and until new licences are issued, anyone needing to control one of 16 bird species where there is no reasonable non-lethal alternative will need to apply for an individual licence in the same way they apply for licences to control birds such as cormorants and ravens. These licences take weeks to obtain and are seldom given out.

Natural England’s interim chief executive Marian Spain says: “We recognise this change will cause disruption for some people, but we are working hard to ensure it is kept to a minimum.

“We will bring forward interim measures as quickly as possible as the first stage of our planned review of the licences. We want to make sure our licensing system is robust and proportionate, taking into account the needs of wildlife and people.”

https://basc.org.uk/blog/uncategorized/natural-england-revoking-three-general-licences/

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/general-licences-for-bird-control-major-changes-to-licensing-requirements

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inclined to agree with Matt here and as it was only announced at 3.30pm BASC have had no time to do anything as yet plus the CLA will be up in arms and the farmers union plus the young farmers as

Thanks for your support Sue Fisher        

I thought I would share this with you lot, I’m not sure on the legality of sharing the email that has just been passed to me so I won’t post it on here the email is from an MP from Yorkshire, he

Posted Images

This packham prick has been caught out blatantly lying and falsifying things and they bow down to him!!! Wtf

itll be interesting  to see what the government do because this is a big thing and will have a massive affect on them when it’s voting time!!

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, si brown said:

This packham prick has been caught out blatantly lying and falsifying things and they bow down to him!!! Wtf

itll be interesting  to see what the government do because this is a big thing and will have a massive affect on them when it’s voting time!!

I reckon they're already f****d at the ballot box because of this whole Brexit fiasco mate ?

From reading some of the bits of on the GL stuff, it looks possible that we'll end up with something very similar, if not the same - just a bit of word juggling to appease the lefties.

......... Well, that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I reckon they're already f****d at the ballot box because of this whole Brexit fiasco mate ?

From reading some of the bits of on the GL stuff, it looks possible that we'll end up with something very similar, if not the same - just a bit of word juggling to appease the lefties.

......... Well, that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

It’ll be overturned in a round about way because the next move will be game and that’s not going to happen!

Apply to wildlife@naturalengland.og.uk and demand details of where to apply for your licence ,swamp them most of us on S.D have, this is carp.They say they will respond in 30 days ffs .They should have fought this ,how can the licence finish thursday but the new 1 not be in place yet .This bunch of brexit dodging slime couldnt run a bath.

As many of us as possible need to make the system crash so they recind this load of bullfeathers mark my words Squizzers and rats will be next and game huh really the Liebour scum hate game shooting and Mays faggots are afraid of Liebour .Time to stand up and be counted oh and guess what BASC are "dissapointed" .

Not fighting it just dissapointed ,like wow bet Packham is scared .

• Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Apply to wildlife@naturalengland.og.uk and demand details of where to apply for your licence ,swamp them most of us on S.D have, this is carp.They say they will respond in 30 days ffs .They should have fought this ,how can the licence finish thursday but the new 1 not be in place yet .This bunch of brexit dodging slime couldnt run a bath.

As many of us as possible need to make the system crash so they recind this load of bullfeathers mark my words Squizzers and rats will be next and game huh really the Liebour scum hate game shooting and Mays faggots are afraid of Liebour .Time to stand up and be counted oh and guess what BASC are "dissapointed" .

Not fighting it just dissapointed ,like wow bet Packham is scared .

If BASC don’t pull there finger out there won’t be a BASC cos like you’ve said game will be next!!

this government is a fcukin shambles and that old bat running it needs to give it up as a bad job?

ps... what’s S.D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, villaman said:

https://basc.org.uk/blog/press-releases/featured-news/natural-england-revoking-three-general-licences/

what will be next ,rabbits , squirrels and the list will go on and on 

It hasnt even had it,s Judicial review ,the anti,s at Natural England are giving their buddy Chliss a head start and have royally bent us over a table

To get a petition against this we need 5 volenteers as to do it i need 5x email addresses of people who would support this so if anyone is interested please give a thumbs up and if your willing send your email  by p,m and i,l get 1 started 

• Like 4

Now 4 different posts running on this ladds ,could Admin merge them into 1 so we dont get confused dot.com and see what every one wants to do .Some have emailed for a new licence ,some have emailed there M,P <Good luck with that 1> and some are probably screaming at the laptop screen in disbelief atb

• Like 1

It will probably end up going back pretty much to where it was before in my opinion with a few wording changes.

The obvious flaws with Packams bullshit ideas should be obvious to even a prick like him. Hes getting old and getting no tv time apart from springwatch where youd think he would have caught maggies raiding nests surely to god!!

The second and most detrimental effect his campaign has on the country sports world is financial. When you think how many guns, ammo, accessories blah blah blah are bought each year to manage these pest species alone without the game season it will have a hugely negative effect on your local gunshop and up the line, suppliers, manufacturers etc.

Apart from it being a totally knobhead idea, how does natural england etc hope to police this farce of a change in licences.

They are pi#$ing in the wind and packam is going to look very stupid when it all goes back to normal and he finds hes WAY out of his depth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have just subscribed to the Wild Justice news letter.

Will be worth it to keep an eye on these people, and what it is they are getting up to.

I cycled past a crop yesterday with at least 400 pigeon on it, scoffing it down.

All well and good scaring em off - they'll only go and eat someone else's. 

You can't tell me, that in an age where climate change means growers need all the help they can get, that the government is going to let these twats have their way?

• Like 2

I am inclined to agree with Matt here and as it was only announced at 3.30pm BASC have had no time to do anything as yet plus the CLA will be up in arms and the farmers union plus the young farmers association so there is a lot of shall we say nice conversations to be had during the coming days and weeks.

The gun trade will no doubt be making their case well and truly felt and the loss of another industry all due to some fcuking wanker of a tree hugger.......................watch this space guys.

Phil

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, philpot said:

I am inclined to agree with Matt here and as it was only announced at 3.30pm BASC have had no time to do anything as yet plus the CLA will be up in arms and the farmers union plus the young farmers association so there is a lot of shall we say nice conversations to be had during the coming days and weeks.

The gun trade will no doubt be making their case well and truly felt and the loss of another industry all due to some fcuking wanker of a tree hugger.......................watch this space guys.

Phil

Trouble is Phil they pull GL04/05/ and 06 This Thursday so any pigeon shooting Friday on is illegal ,so we either kick back or whatch it die cos Packham the cnut will be after bunnys and rats next He like,s stopping anything and not got any interest in the aftermath 

3 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Trouble is Phil they pull GL04/05/ and 06 This Thursday so any pigeon shooting Friday on is illegal ,so we either kick back or whatch it die cos Packham the cnut will be after bunnys and rats next He like,s stopping anything and not got any interest in the aftermath 

Well i hope we dont have to wait long for its reversal but i hope hes sat in the garden this week watching some bullfinch chicks getting killed by magpies or one of our native woodcock pairs eggs getting robbed. Hope hes f#*☆ing happy with his tree hugging ?

• Like 2