The Final .

1 hour ago, Stoney100 said:

Lol I think they did it to help us out really mate, we were 14th in the conference at the time and skint with part time players! they came to the Pirelli stadium first and we held them to a 0-0 draw, And it was an amazing game for us especially saying the likes of solksjaer and Saha were in the starting line up and they brought a young Rooney and Ronaldo on towards the end! Nigel clough described it as a miracle and the whole town was so buzzing about it after that every man and his dog got on the coaches up to old Trafford lol 

cant believe it was 13 years ago though! Found this old report and I wonder if fergie does remember it now he has retired lol crazy to think what that young lad from Portugal they brought on has gone on to achieve in the game to!

4BD53586-C57D-459A-9F54-319E2DE19350.png.bef08eeca27f9e1a62a68a0ab8111efe.png

Done the same with Exeter mate, handed the full gate to City on the return leg and saved the club....must be 10 years ago now...

UTD maybe the most hated side in the country but they have a bit of class about them....

• Like 2

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so his team are worse than dogshit but he beats you all with his banter,wit and passion.

In fairness mate, I don’t think proper football lads actually give a f**k about who’s club is the biggest.......they just like getting you at it ! Lol

Quote from 20/6/79 ... " one of my biggest regrets in football was I didn't get to play for Sunderland " George Best         Quote from 21 /6/79.... "Fuk me ,what was I drinki

Posted Images

Max you are wasted on here.....have you never thought about taking this show on the road ?....stand up comedy is on its arse in most areas you could make a killing with this little act.

I dont have these size hang ups myself but if we,re doing this first year fan " big club " nonsense then i think it would be fair to say my club are becoming a little bit bigger than most ......if attendance makes you a big club that is.

IMG_7847.PNG

Edited by gnasher16
21 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

I’m off Tuesday so will make a day of it 

You might drive to the ground but car will either be gone or up on bricks when you come out lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Hotbed of Football mate this sparsely populated NE ?

You keep trying BM  lol

Everywhere in England is a hotbed of football ya wally ! Lol 

27 minutes ago, ftm said:

You might drive to the ground but car will either be gone or up on bricks when you come out lol

Suddick?I remember when the stadium was being built,some lads from the squares went down and burgled the portacabin office to see what was lying around,not the most salubrious of areas ?

• Like 1
On 08/04/2019 at 07:21, maxhardcore said:

Same as every one else's attendances due to hooliganism and delapidated stadia ' as Iv said so your homework before spouting nonsense ?

When did Sunderland ever hav a hooliganism problem apart from chasing a family from westham in the sea and that's ok by you but when some pompey kids do it it's out of order and nearly every club played in a battered stadium p

On 08/04/2019 at 17:38, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Question 4. Are Sunderland better than Exeter ?

discuss 

In terms of size id say Sunderland.

In terms of relevance to your average football fan id say they're probably about the same.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 2
On 08/04/2019 at 07:23, maxhardcore said:

That's fair do's if you not only want to count fairweather support but 10-15k plus Tourist support ?

Best win that league half dozen times first mins lol 

Upton Park capacity = 35k

Waiting list for season tickets = 17k

Current average gate in new stadium = 56k

I know your not too bright when it comes to football but even you can do simple mathematics.