Jump to content
Rugersrob

Bull whippet (Powell's pocket rocket)

Recommended Posts

Never had one of Powell’s but do have my own first cross dog. Real good animal 

38DA674D-F491-4D1E-BD87-2B39FC8E7C17.jpeg

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Went out a couple of years back with a Powell bull/ whip, did well I thought for what it was bred for, had a bull cross of him about 15 years ago out of two well bred dogs that I knew worked well, the dog was coming on really well but died prematurely, I rang him and he offered me another dog free of charge, FairPlay to him for selling dogs as like he said it's taken him a long time and work to get what he has both terrier and lurcher so do it yourself or pay for one !

Share this post


Link to post

Was in a game fair couple years back an bumped in to afew traveller lads they had brother to my mates dog I was with,the traveller dog was tiny an light boned for the type of xs it was,they said they were there to give Jason a smack for selling them the dog,anyway bumped in to Jason later on that day got chatting,traveller lads walked past so said I said there here to give u a smack over the dog they reckon,Jayson flew over to them with his mate told them straight don’t go round saying things they can’t do,an at the end offered them a pup free of charge,can’t get fairer than that,I think the guys a nice man with well worked dogs,😂the look on the gang of travellers faces when they were fronted by the two were priceless 😂

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, mud said:

Was in a game fair couple years back an bumped in to afew traveller lads they had brother to my mates dog I was with,the traveller dog was tiny an light boned for the type of xs it was,they said they were there to give Jason a smack for selling them the dog,anyway bumped in to Jason later on that day got chatting,traveller lads walked past so said I said there here to give u a smack over the dog they reckon,Jayson flew over to them with his mate told them straight don’t go round saying things they can’t do,an at the end offered them a pup free of charge,can’t get fairer than that,I think the guys a nice man with well worked dogs,😂the look on the gang of travellers faces when they were fronted by the two were priceless 😂

Like that fair play to the big fella

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Criss86 said:

That's a nice dog mate did you breed em yourself? 

Bred by Brenner on here pal, plenty game got with him 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Rugersrob said:

Turn faster and accelerate quicker... 

Rubbish

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Rubbish

A good little un will always beat a good big un

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

A good little un will always beat a good big un

At what?

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, downsouth said:

At what?

I'd love to tell you but I might get chucked out the Mason's 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 01/03/2019 at 13:10, Rugersrob said:

Hello

I used to have a bull whippet from Mr Powell she was small and I dug to her too many times lol.. 

But I must say she was so game and hard to hard for her size. In 2014 I had to put her down due to cancer. She has always been the one dog that has haunted me and couldn't get over (being a terrier man I've had hundreds of dogs over the years but she was the one) so does anyone know anyone with a planed litter? Does Mr Powell still breed them?. Any info much appreciated

 

Screenshot_20190301-130954_Dropbox.jpgfella I know in North Cornwall had one, looked the part, never seen it go but fella said it was pretty decent and knowing him I wouldn't doubt t.

Cheers, D.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

A good little un will always beat a good big un

Really 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Really 

Oh its common knowledge brother 

Share this post


Link to post

I have no doubt theses are very good and capable dogs it was just a question 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I have no doubt theses are very good and capable dogs it was just a question 

Ok mate no problem 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×