Bedlington x greyhound 1st 2generation

From what i read Plummer's original lurchers where from old gypsy lines. He added huge ammounts of collie when he got the 'phoney' Merle dog and if true was to promote collie bred lurchers for his friend Hancock's new breeding venture.

Like many Plummer tales if true is a damn shame and huge mistake imo, as his early books tell how good them first lurchers were.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my pup came from fella you talking about.he as one best bedlington terrier I seen in yrs,not x with another type to pep it up greyhounds he as are workedand do ok from what he said. i don't

you can say what you like about plummer but he was one hell of a writer. we are all guilty of reading them and finding our opinions later. 

As bad as hondjob with his merel collie crosses charging more money  150 is plenty for a lurcher pup 

Posted Images

Plummers dogs were totally different to Hancock bosun. They were line bred, whereas Hancocks are not. They will always get slated because of the name , same as the terriers, but the fact is they were very good lurchers.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, stormyboy said:

Plummers dogs were totally different to Hancock bosun. They were line bred, whereas Hancocks are not. They will always get slated because of the name , same as the terriers, but the fact is they were very good lurchers.

Yes but he crossed the two Stormy, Wooly Bear was Merle x Fathom to name just one. Hancock said himself that it was a mistake to do so.

looked like they had saluki in them. Surely just lurcher x lurcher, the feathered ears and sharp muzzles didn't scream collie lurcher.

the smooth brindle on Uist was Merab 2

Edited by Gilbey
phone just writes what it wants

I’m not on the wined up again this is a serious question: what modern day stuff from Hancocks kennels is any good all I see is the older generation going on about old has been legends that are all part of the Plummer/Hancock story books any modern day dogs bred directly from Hancock that are likely to go down as legends in this here running dog world be interesting to see some information ie who there bred from etc