Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ted Newgent

Six Nations 2019 fixture list

Recommended Posts

Just now, TOMO said:

well I am part welsh....granddad.....don't take a lot of working out what my surname is.....1st or 2nd most common welsh name.....

when ever wales play anybody but England ...im there cheering them on.....and my all time faveroute player ......Gareth Edwards....:thumbs:

Well tomo you have been blessed with Welsh blood.i take my hat off to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, king said:

Well tomo you have been blessed with Welsh blood.i take my hat off to you.

thank you.......you know being 1/4 welsh....would have been plenty to qualify for selection to  play  for wales....:D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, king said:

England's population : 50 million +

Wales population: 3.1 million.

If Wales's population was as big as England we would dominate world rugby.

What lets that theory down is that NZ 'only' have a population of just under 5 million mate! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malt said:

What lets that theory down is that NZ 'only' have a population of just under 5 million mate! :D

it just goes to show the best teams come from the least populated countrys lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, king said:

it just goes to show the best teams come from the least populated countrys lol

Think its because international rugby holds a similar place in NZ culture compared to us here mate. You could gave gone out in any town in Wales last night and it would have been bouncing! Be a few sore heads across Wales this morning! 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England is four times the size of wales, and there are only 320 clubs in wales, against 2099 clubs in england. Puts it in a bit of perspective 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Malt said:

Think its because international rugby holds a similar place in NZ culture compared to us here mate. You could gave gone out in any town in Wales last night and it would have been bouncing! Be a few sore heads across Wales this morning! 🤣

Correct mate. Suffering with a bit of guinnessitis as I write this lol 👍

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a mad stat I just read..

1949

1959

1969

1979

1989

1999

2009

2019

 

All Wales wins! 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Malt said:

Think its because international rugby holds a similar place in NZ culture compared to us here mate. You could gave gone out in any town in Wales last night and it would have been bouncing! Be a few sore heads across Wales this morning! 🤣

i seen a documentary on nz rugby before if i remember right 1 club had about 5 full teams worth of players and they are all similar to that amazing amount of players out there like you say its in the culture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Malt said:

Here's a mad stat I just read..

1949

1959

1969

1979

1989

1999

2009

2019

 

All Wales wins! 🤣

England and Wales have played each other at rugby union since 1881. A total of 131 matches have been played, with England having won 62 times, Wales having won 58 times and 12 matches having been drawn. There is a considerable rivalry between the sides due to the proximity of the two nations and the history between them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, king said:

England and Wales have played each other at rugby union since 1881. A total of 131 matches have been played, with England having won 62 times, Wales having won 58 times and 12 matches having been drawn. There is a considerable rivalry between the sides due to the proximity of the two nations and the history between them.

Yeah we've won plenty of other ones as well! 🤣 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched wales BEATING ENLAND again, and seeing as our youngest son is still up his nans til tomorrow, me and the good woman are having a few more 'celebratory' ones, to keep the good mood going 😊

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway Italy Ireland up in a second ... pretty easy prediction I would think ... a better question would be how many try’s will stockdale score ...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well socks it's not going to plan for paddy atm . They might kick on in 2nd half  but Italy giving it a real go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...