I’m going to have it

So I have some fields that I mainly shoot rabbits on, on numerous occasions I’ve bumped into a fox on here, ever since they combined it’s been about, it’s a clever old thing always in a position where a shots not possible or it know that I’m there before I know it’s about, so I thought I’d set up my evil bay 23 quid camera with a bit of the moggy’s food in the bottom field 75 ish yards away from my pigeon hide, I’ll bait it over the next few days and see if I can tempt it into the crosshairs ?

CDE4875C-267E-4276-8555-488011E66778.jpeg

7D9F89E1-A22B-4B71-BC53-DB3C44642F5B.jpeg

• Like 6

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yep  all over by 9.30 wind in my face squeaked the bitch in from About 250 and shot it at ranged 135  frlggin cold again  Atb lads 

Rob 58 rang the other day needed a fox or two and I’ve seen a couple around the chicken pen so  set up the bait and string with a pheasant as bait !  shot the first one at 5:10am , second o

So I have some fields that I mainly shoot rabbits on, on numerous occasions I’ve bumped into a fox on here, ever since they combined it’s been about, it’s a clever old thing always in a position where

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Stavross said:

They are spot on, I have it on 20 second video and in night vision it’s as clear as day, this is the second one of these I’ve had but I paid a lot more than 23 quid for the first one

Get a cam that sends pics direct to your smart-phone,if your close you can get down there quick with it still in the vicinity then.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Get a cam that sends pics direct to your smart-phone,if your close you can get down there quick with it still in the vicinity then.

I’ve just had a look at them, I didn’t know you could get them that did that, just goes to show how far behind the times I am 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The one said:

Spike some pheasants with a metal fence spike even as they go off they should be a better attractant than cat food mate 

I normally use rabbits pegged down, but it’s just what’s in the house at the minute as I’ve not had the time to get out for a few hoppers

So I’ve been and checked the camera and no fox yet, there was a fresh ? on the track in the front field, the camera is working and caught a few rabbits, we have gone for tuna today so we’ll see how that goes, it will be Friday before I can get up there to check it, fingers crossed ?

808D3A6A-A49C-4B7F-A4C7-EA0337851769.jpeg

41A26DC5-8A12-4AF6-84E1-A0EBA05B8003.jpeg

52CEFA1C-D850-4CAD-9134-B74DD071AF41.jpeg

• Like 1

Good project these cameras, some time ago I got a couple from Lidl of all places? Looks the same as yours, I paid £50>£60 something each so yours is a good buy.

I have had good success with a 'hamster' rabbit bait, guts pulled out and still attached, pegged down with a garden wire noose, all and sundry seem to like these, Crows, Magpie's & Badgers particularly, but Foxes of course.

I even got a Roe doe sniffing the carcase a couple of years ago??

AndyF

• Like 1

My last one was from Aldi and I think it was £60, I had all sorts on it when I had it out, when baiting foxes, often buzzards during the day making the most of my rabbit bait, I once had a badger and a fox squaring up to each in front of the bait but it stopped recording before I found out who got the prize