Basc air rifle member insurance

Definately pal.

Ive gone down the air rifle insurance route with them but if you plan on shot guns or fac as well just get the full cover. It goes a long way to be insured with them especially with any commercial permissions your applying for?

9 hours ago, mattwhite said:

Definately pal.

Ive gone down the air rifle insurance route with them but if you plan on shot guns or fac as well just get the full cover. It goes a long way to be insured with them especially with any commercial permissions your applying for?

No I won’t be going any bigger than a sub 12 air gun , ?

I'm with BASC because most of the land owners around here recognise them instantly when they see the membership card.

........ It costs me £5 a month for what looks like quite good liability insurance (hopefully I'll never have to use it ?)

I also get sent a shit magazine now and again - it's full of shotguns, tweed and a crap Matt Manning article :rolleyes: :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Join the national gamekeepers organisation as a supporter it’s got the same insurance as BASC and it was cheaper, it’s a while since I was a member but at the time there was excellent support for any legal questions you may need answered , it’s much better for lads like us BASC is for money people. Also most house insurances cover you for public liability i.e accidentally shoot someone,around 15 years ago there was a lot of controversy over BASC insurance because when folks went to claim from it they were told to check there house insurance which most had, they were then told by BASC that you can only claim from one insurance policy for the same incident ,I don’t know if things have changed but it’s worth looking into.

ive used basc for years... first for just air rifles then fac, there are cheaper but it suits the me.. 

I shoot a lot on a big estate and if anything did go untoward and I needed to use the insurance I'm pretty sure they'd come through just purely for the land its being used on!

and you get money knocked off at a few fairs and things?

I am with Si on this one. I have full membership which is discounted a little because I am an aging old tart but it covers me for all gun types and is well known to landowners and farmers alike. The other aspect is that these really are the voice of shooting where the government hold discussion groups so support them, No brainer IMO.

Phil

As an addition to my post, I should also have said, as a BASC member I get in the Game Fair free with a discount for my wife so that is 50% of the membership cost.

Much greater value for money with BASC if you compare what you get for your cash.

Phil

• Like 1