Gatwick Closed

I think think you aren't  allowed to shoot down a drone but I have it on good authority they don't take much hitting to bring down. During the recent cull here in the west ,apparently two were shot down with ease ,one was 4 foot across and was stacked out with thermal gear 

Surely airport police could down the drone without drawing attention and creating havoc. Not rocket science surely .

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vote drone party.. Done more to stop immigration than the other useless twats ?

For fcuk s sake dosen’t anyone in the higher echelons of government read the General section of THL ? ...hundreds of silly barstewards running round like headless chickens trying to stop the drone and

Posted Images

It would seem a company have the kit to install two boxes that shuts all drone signals down and puts them into ‘return to base’ mode, however our laws will not permit them to be used in the uk, they are already in use abroad by all accounts.

1 minute ago, Rabid said:

It would seem a company have the kit to install two boxes that shuts all drone signals down and puts them into ‘return to base’ mode, however our laws will not permit them to be used in the uk, they are already in use abroad by all accounts.

We deserve everything we get if there's the technology but we don't use it. I'd expect that law to be changed tomorrow then. 

5 minutes ago, walshie said:

We deserve everything we get if there's the technology but we don't use it. I'd expect that law to be changed tomorrow then. 

Yeah I did think it was a bit odd, most likely more to it than I know about though, they only tell you what they want you to know.

• Like 1

It’s not fukcing difficult is it ... they have a limited battery life before they have to be re charged so a police helicopter follows it using thermal imaging tracking the heat signal from the drone until it lands to be recharged and bobs your uncle the little Cnut is caught .......

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, walshie said:

More drone activity in the last hour, I'm guessing it's the guys selling the technology to stop these intrusions are the culprits, "we told you we could sell you the technology to stop this"

Hmmm call me suspicious, or it really is aliens?

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

It ain’t a kid is it? Can’t be if it’s reported to keep happening an let’s face it every parent around Gatwick that has kids with a drone would have checked as this is gonna bite somebody on arse I reckon, especially now it’s hundred a thousands a pounds worth a wasted time an 

It won't be a few hundred thousand. Today's losses will run into many miĺlions. The knock on effects are Europe wide and will last for many days with planes and crews in the wrong place. 

On the news it loòked as if some plod / troops had some sort of shotguns available. 

For fcuk s sake dosen’t anyone in the higher echelons of government read the General section of THL ? ...hundreds of silly barstewards running round like headless chickens trying to stop the drone and the solution is here for all to see in six pages of the general section ...?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Bout 5 solutions here for em ffs an nobody even mentioned RPG yet?

I’m going to ring the top honcho in the morning and put him wise , I would ring now but he’ll probably be getting a bit of kip in while matey with the drone is having a recharge..I recon give the high tec answers a miss and go straight in with the RPG, put on bit of a show so any one thinking of copying this will realise he won’t be getting his drone back unscathed...

• Haha 1