Gatwick Closed

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vote drone party.. Done more to stop immigration than the other useless twats ?

For fcuk s sake dosen’t anyone in the higher echelons of government read the General section of THL ? ...hundreds of silly barstewards running round like headless chickens trying to stop the drone and

Posted Images

Oops! Both the "morons" as the Daily Mail called them, have been released without charge and are no longer suspects. The Police didn't release their names, but several newspapers did, along with plastering their faces all over the news.

By the time the papers have paid them compo, they'll never have to work again, that's for sure. 

I hope the neighbour who grassed him up hoping for the £10k reward has a shitty Xmas.

15 minutes ago, walshie said:

Oops! Both the "morons" as the Daily Mail called them, have been released without charge and are no longer suspects. The Police didn't release their names, but several newspapers did, along with plastering their faces all over the news.

By the time the papers have paid them compo, they'll never have to work again, that's for sure. 

I hope the neighbour who grassed him up hoping for the £10k reward has a shitty Xmas.

Looks like it was based on them owning model aircraft and living localy , sounds like the police clutching at loose straws 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, walshie said:

That means it was aliens scoping the runway out, where’s that fella with the Einstein hairdo when ya need his advice

Now the police have admitted there might not have been a drone at all. Seemed odd that 100,000 disgruntled passengers and professional news photographers couldn't manage to take a blurry photo of it and the one video of it looked like more like a bird. What an embarrassment to let chinese whispers cause that kind of mess.

1 minute ago, walshie said:

Now the police have admitted there might not have been a drone at all. Seemed odd that 100,000 disgruntled passengers and professional news photographers couldn't manage to take a blurry photo of it and the one video of it looked like more like a bird. What an embarrassment to let chinese whispers cause that kind of mess.

Shows the hysteria and scare mongering by media/ social media

The whole thing is a farce!  Disruption has been terrible for those concerned, those arrested are innocent, there may never have been a drone and nobody has found any evidence.

Is this a joke, lets look at the wider security implications, why wasn't this thing tracked by the incredible electronics available, and/or blown out of the sky instantly?  This just shows how easy is it for a terror attack to be made on an Airport/anywhere!

4-5 days of Police/security services time for NO RESULTS!:doh:

19 minutes ago, walshie said:

A drone enthusiast in an elf jumper on youtube. Good enough for me! :laugh:

Yes because we can rely on all those suited and booted types from the BBC and parliament to give us full and unbiased disclosure ??

• Like 2

I don't think the drone was the problem. If there was one at all it probably came and went before anyone could react. The concern was that it may have offloaded something. Gatwick Airport covers a big area and apart from the commercial areas there are a couple of high security "establishments" on site. I expect everywhere on the outfield and beyond had to be searched.

As for blasting it to atoms with a shotgun; probably everyone's first thought. On second thoughts;suppose it was carrying a bomb or anthrax spores,or some horrible poison?

There could well be a couple of teenagers cowering under their beds waiting for a knock on the door,or maybye Putin decided to flex his muscles and create a stir(checking out our anti-drone procedures at the same time) in retaliation for us daring to have a spy ship in the Ukraine. ..Could be a hoax of course . All I know ,as someone who lives nearby,is that it's been lovely and quiet :)

• Like 1