Pocket rocket whippets

8 hours ago, poxon said:

bull whippets tbh are they any different to any other whippet lurcher be it collie whippets beddy whippets still be useful in the right hands as a mongrely dog to just be used for a bit of hunting. Whippets or whippet Lurchers are not really my cuppa tea no more but fair play to anyone if there there thing happy days ain’t it 

Yup mate,if you was looking for a vermin dog,rats,squirrel,ferreting,bushing,general shit any terrier blooded running hound would prob do.horses for courses.if you just done solely Fox,you would,nt get one.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the ‘pocket rocket’ as it’s advertised but a very well bred honest dog. 1st cross. also does teeth but don’t fancy putting up pics here lol.  And below is a pup from him to a bitch that is ne

My little patterdale/whippet here in the USA.  She's about 14 inches tts.  Been on coon, possum, groundhog, rabbits and squirrels. 

Brilliant little dogs I'd definitely have another in the future.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Qbgrey said:

Yup mate,if you was looking for a vermin dog,rats,squirrel,ferreting,bushing,general shit any terrier blooded running hound would prob do.horses for courses.if you just done solely Fox,you would,nt get one.

Exactly fella ?? 

5 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

2 minutes ago, poxon said:

Exactly fella ?? 

Fox aint honey badgers iv even seen spaniels and labs do them without problems and lets not forget terrier will even kill them in there own home ? Just saying like ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

Fox aint honey badgers iv even seen spaniels and labs do them without problems and lets not forget terrier will even kill them in there own home ? Just saying like ?

Big difference at night,spaniel,or lab prob would,nt even put a bend in on fox.and killing on a nightly basis they wont cope.my nan can kill a fox but she defo is not the tool for the job

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Big difference at night,spaniel,or lab prob would,nt even put a bend in on fox.and killing on a nightly basis they wont cope.my nan can kill a fox but she defo is not the tool for the job

16 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

No but a whippet x would ? And no i not got whippet crosses its just a point that foxes aint the ferrous beasts some make out thats all ?

34 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

No but a whippet x would ? And no i not got whippet crosses its just a point that foxes aint the ferrous beasts some make out thats all ?

I think foxes are pound for pound a great fighting machine,ive only had one fox dog out of 6 that could take them with ease.take a big january dog fox,they can scrap.and some are the size of alsations nowadays.?

Edited by Qbgrey
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Ud change your mind if 1 bit u in the bollox 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Were the spaniels and labs doing them regularly? Were they catching them themselves? 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Haha 2

Think they were obviously bred to just bring size down , why have a 28” bull cross to pull quarry from a hole when you can have a 21” dog do it , yea fair enough people say , spaniels , labs , collies etc etc will kill a fox , but how often do you drop on one that will , out of a litter of labs, collies, spaniels how many of the pups would kill fox ? Then if they were crosses to whippets how many them pups would kill fox ? Probably not many if truth was told .. not a decent winter fox anyway , 

i recon the idea was if you put a decent bull to a decent whippet you would get some thing as hard and gutsy as a bull and the size and build/speed of the whippet so you could have a small dog that could be used for teeth , around cover, around a hole occasionally on the lamp , butt as everyone noes with breeding it don’t work like that , .. you end up with something resembling a bull with the courage of a whippet, something resembling a whippet with the courage of a bull ( and last half a season ) and something that looks the part but couldn’t catch a fox in a phone box but then you will get the odd little diamond , I’ve seen acouple of bull whippets not bred by jp and one was a decent little dog , looked like a strong whippet with a smal bull head could catch rabbit day and night couldn’t catch a good hare caught odd fox but was mainly used for marking fox to ground and at end of the dig  the dog was put to a bull whippet greyhound and the pups were useless tho