Pocket rocket whippets

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the ‘pocket rocket’ as it’s advertised but a very well bred honest dog. 1st cross. also does teeth but don’t fancy putting up pics here lol.  And below is a pup from him to a bitch that is ne

My little patterdale/whippet here in the USA.  She's about 14 inches tts.  Been on coon, possum, groundhog, rabbits and squirrels. 

Brilliant little dogs I'd definitely have another in the future.

Posted Images

Its the same with every quarry from a rabbit to a red deer, there’s a big difference between a dog that ‘can’ kill one, and a dog that kills numbers right through the season. 

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 2

Sat there now up at window paranoid Been up 4 days thinking they coming stroking his ban dog saying they won’t get past you lad thinking thank f**k your not a shepherd barking all the time or I’d end up paranoid lol

1 minute ago, Shadow100 said:

Its the same with every quarry from a rabbit to a red deer, there’s a big difference between a dog that ‘can’ kill one, and a dog that kills numbers right through the season. 

I agree but can you honestly say you’ve seen a bull x that can go out 2/3 nights a week running plenty each night and last a season Because hard graft running wise they break down need loads a rest I could [BANNED TEXT] one off in a night 

3 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

There’s a big difference with nothing been written in stone these days no one can actually gauge for certain what’s actually needed for a dog to be doing a certain job it’s on individual dog we can all sit here an try an guess an tell people what’s needed an give it the numbers shake all through season we’re all here guessing we all point out what we thinks best but our opinions is based on what suits us. 

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I agree but can you honestly say you’ve seen a bull x that can go out 2/3 nights a week running plenty each night and last a season Because hard graft running wise they break down need loads a rest I could [BANNED TEXT] one off in a night 

I haven’t mate I’m not a bull cross man myself but a fit dog conditioned properly, and treated right when it gets home after lamping shouldn’t need loads of rest no matter what breed it is. Pitbulls are amazing athletes and so are greyhounds so no reason why the 2 can’t produce athletes in the right hands.

2 minutes ago, poxon said:

There’s a big difference with nothing been written in stone these days no one can actually gauge for certain what’s actually needed for a dog to be doing a certain job it’s on individual dog we can all sit here an try an guess an tell people what’s needed an give it the numbers shake all through season we’re all here guessing we all point out what we thinks best but our opinions is based on what suits us. 

I don’t really understand what you mean. All I’m getting at is a lot of dogs will do something well on their terms when it suits them but not many will do it well all the time. I’m not a fox man myself but I’ve heard people saying ‘my mates got a class fox dog’ then it turns out it does half a dozen a season which is just shit talk. Nothing wrong with doing half a dozen a season mind you, just calling the dog something it’s not is daft

I have mate like you say a bull and a grey are athletes but believe me they got not much more than a pure grey running wise all the bull does is stop them been to weak 

a greyhound you couldn’t run a full night on lamp with you’d have to carry it home there to muscle bound for short rapid bursts soon burn out 

same with a bull terrier muscle bound not made for running long distances fighting pit on pit is using the muscles in a different way 

no amount a care and fitness sort that out 

Seen a few bull whippets i like em good little dogs out with the terriers around hedges. Youll find folks that keep em over the moon with them bashing up the odd fox here n there. If you out abit more lamping then get sommat bit more suited to that aint it. 

• Like 1

I see on these sites alot people saying 2-3 fox a night 2-3 times a week but i dont reckon theres many people seen 3 foxes killed in a night with one dog i know some fellers live in an area snived with fox thats all they go out for and foxes are abit dafter than most theyve only had 3s couple times i dont think theres as many foxes bieng killed by same dogs as made out tbh

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, C.green said:

I see on these sites alot people saying 2-3 fox a night 2-3 times a week but i dont reckon theres many people seen 3 foxes killed in a night with one dog i know some fellers live in an area snived with fox thats all they go out for and foxes are abit dafter than most theyve only had 3s couple times i dont think theres as many foxes bieng killed by same dogs as made out tbh

Take a dog that is durable it needs to be able to run 3 nights a week before worrying what breed is in it 

Just now, Shadow100 said:

I don’t really understand what you mean. All I’m getting at is a lot of dogs will do something well on their terms when it suits them but not many will do it well all the time. I’m not a fox man myself but I’ve heard people saying ‘my mates got a class fox dog’ then it turns out it does half a dozen a season which is just shit talk. Nothing wrong with doing half a dozen a season mind you, just calling the dog something it’s not is daft

What I’m getting at is if a dogs got it it’s got it no matter what cross or size people talk on here like it’s scripted As if there citizens advice Or something an that there opinions are the only truth of reasoning Good capable dogs come in all shapes an sizes with Lurchers they always have done were only all talking in theory an what would suits us really Ps this is not a personal dig at you it’s a general reply I’ve only replied to you because you give a half decent reply without crying and wanting to fight me in a laybuy for £1000????

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, poxon said:

it’s a general reply I’ve only replied to you because you give a half decent reply without crying and wanting to fight me in a laybuy for £1000????

£1000,fxxxcking cheapskate 

• Haha 2