Age to join THL?

19 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

depends on the boy. some great threads on here he could enjoy but also some shitty bullshit. question is would  you want your boy caught up in bitchy arguing on here

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

I'd be more inclined to buy him some decent books. Some of the people on here would be either recruiting or grooming lol. I guess he's on fb so probably doesn't matter if he's on here.

Thanks for replying lads. And I take your points on board.  He's not on facebook, and we monitor what he does and what he is allowed to do, when he's on his phone or anything else which could potentially be harmful etc. I'm well aware of the shit and aggro that gets written on here, as in yesterday's 'wheaten x greyhound' thread, which I asked admin to knock on the head. Disgusting rubbish which the same muppets keep churning out.  Second thoughts now actually, he doesn't need to read the negative tripe that gets written on here at times, I want him to see fieldsports in a good light, not as though it's peopled by a bunch of mentally disturbed shitheads. Thanks for the replies lads ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a junior hunter section, I doubt a youngster would have much interest in a bunch of old fools shadow boxing so maybe allow access to certain sections that would appeal to a young man, like fishing and catty,s  the two most important thing,s to me throughout my school years, you sound like a sensible bloke and your lad a decent sort so sure you can work something out ?

• Like 1

He wouldn't be missing anything if he decided not to join. And if he's not on Facebook, then sounds like he's one of the few that still has hope, cause social media and all these forum's etc generally do nothing to improve things.

He'll learn more from you and being out in the field than scrolling through a forum but good luck deciding whatever you do?

• Like 3

I don't let my lad on here as I don't mind him seeing some stuff and I've heard some of the colourful language him and his mates/siblings use when they think no1s listening ??but you always get a nob like last night on the wHeaton post mentioning kids and stuff he doesn't need to see that.think 15-16 for mine but everyone will have different views.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Makes me seriously think what type of person has those thoughts in the first place, I wouldnt let someone who thinks those thoughts anywhere near kids for sure

I know what your saying pal and to be honest if he was from my area and knew who he was he'd have been getting a knock.it's one thing being a keyboard warrior another coming out with that stuff especially in the context he put it in 

• Like 1

Any 11 year old who hasn’t been wrapped in cotton wool and locked  in their bedroom will have seen a lot worse than anything this site had to offer...., maybe with the exception of a Dogfox pads video.

Can imagine the sh!t I’d have got up to with a smart phone when I was eleven!

Isn’t there a younger members section on the site? Aren’t there any young hunters using it?

• Like 1