Many of you using a thermal ?

2 hours ago, mackem said:

Lamps were a progression of nocturnal moonlight mouching,thermals are the next step from lamping,its progression.

When does the progression stop though, when ye can leave the lurcher at home and just walk up to stuff and kick it under the chin. Lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does the word hunt mean nothing to anyone anymore......

Me on the river with a gaf??

I know a little about netting salmon from what I have read on here  When I said birds I didn't mean next doors wife through her bedroom windows

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

When does the progression stop though, when ye can leave the lurcher at home and just walk up to stuff and kick it under the chin. Lol.

At the end of the day it doesnt matter how much expensive equipment you have the dog still has to put the work in to get a result.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, downsouth said:

At the end of the day it doesnt matter how much expensive equipment you have the dog still has to put the work in to get a result.

That's what I always think I just need to find a good dog ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Fair enough it’s just I’ve seen a rapid decline in fox numbers local from some of the rifle men have started using thermal. 

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Fair enough it’s just I’ve seen a rapid decline in fox numbers local from some of the rifle men have started using thermal. 

Shooters can definitely decimate an area using thermal imaging.A local keeper was telling me that he and another keeper i know sat out on his park a few months back watching 150+ fallow casually moving from the woods out into the fields and back one night.He said the most theyve ever seen at once on the lamp in the 12years hes keepered there is maybe 30 tops and the norm is usually half a dozen to 15.

• Like 3

I got Xq38f and and It’s great. Can walk for hours only needing to put the lamp on when running quarry. Yes it’s quite expensive but worth the money for me. Spots your not supposed to be you can walk all night ?

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Igz said:

Spots your not supposed to be you can walk all night ?

You ever seen anyone you would rather not bump into in these spots and managed to avoid a meeting?Sounds perfect for fishing on rivers that don't like uninvited guests.