What would you do

I think I'd need to work for myself aswell doing something.  Something like o get my teeth into . Maybe trapping or a bit of high level carpentry . Just something to make sure I get up in the morning and have a focus.  Read about winners before who prior to money were grafters and turned into slobs without a focus.  Definetly try help my mate Chris out aswell , same as most he's a regular worker on sites.  Be nice to team up with him in whatever work I decided to get into , help him get a house and get him to work with me , be a good laugh all day and be able to help him out

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That be mine lol

There is no such thing as poor nowadays in Britain. There was poverty when I was young . But not anymore. If people are hungry now it’s because they can’t manage money properly. We are all caught in a

Id stop buying part worns! 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Money goes to money, if a person's got owt between their steam tugs a million sheets should provide a lifetime of financial security

True but how much do you have left if you either pay off your mortgage, or if you don't have a mortgage to buy a house outright? Granted that doesn't apply if you already own property outright but to the average bloke trying to get into the British housing market how much of that million will be eaten up by buying a decent gaff in a decent area and paying the treasury with the proceeds?

14 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Yes it should do but winning that amount family and friends would be expecting a decent amount.

As above. After you've finished securing your future just how much money do you expect to give family and friends? They might be expecting a chunk but they can f*ck off if they think they're entitled to anything. I'll buy the dogs a gold plated Bentley, and drivers, before I give any money to my sponging cousins. I can guarantee they'll suddenly be round all the time too making nice and expecting even more of a free ride. The cousins not the dogs.

I play the lottery someone has to win it. Granted the odds are stacked against you but what's a scabby tenner a week for just the slightest chance of getting life changing money.

Someone won 13 million last night. Probably just an ordinary Joe bloggs  family. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, scothunter said:

I play the lottery someone has to win it. Granted the odds are stacked against you but what's a scabby tenner a week for just the slightest chance of getting life changing money.

Someone won 13 million last night. Probably just an ordinary Joe bloggs  family. 

That's a fair one Scot and I do get it. I think the largest Powerball rollover jackpot in the US was close to $1.6 billion and most that came from people stampeding to buy tickets in the last week. It went to 3 tickets netting them $330m-ish each and then they were taxed at 25%. Indeed it is life-changing money at that point.

When I was in the UK I was asked to join the lottery syndicate at work. A quid for the Wednesday draw. A quid for the Saturday draw. There was 10 in the syndicate so the total was 20 quid a week. I stuck 20 quid in the jar in the cupboard. At the end of the year they'd pulled in a couple of tenner wins and rolled it straight back in as a free week. I broke even with over a grand in the jar.

Again I get the attraction but sometimes the best way to win the game is not to play it. I've never seen a skint bookie.

2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

I wouldn't knock winning a million but after you've secured the roof over your head I doubt you'd be in a position where you can give up working for a living.

Eddie maher the security guard who nicked £1.2 million and did a runner to the states ended up working for a living after buying himself a house,living the American dream for a while,learning to fly,bear hunting and suchlike.

• Like 3

My neighbour won £150 000 some years back, he,s the same dick today but with a new Audi and a girl I know local to me also one a million on a scratch card, sorted the kids out and fired the rest up her beak in disco dust, she,s pretty much back were she started but she,s a bloater that no one seems to like, took her about 5years, I think if your a decent type you will just be a decent person with money but if your an arse it seems to escalate you to the league of super arse, quite fancy the ideal of traveling the world on a boat if I ever hit that kind of wealth and maybe stopping when I find my Eutopia ?

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

And drove his poor fekin neighbours mad.lol

I think being of very limited intelligence he was also a very easy target for the media, and as I said shot to the top of the arsehole pile very quickly, 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

And drove his poor fekin neighbours mad.lol

I'd buy a small holding on exmoor,an old toyota hylux.keep a few pigs and chickens and a good deposit for a modest house for my nieces and nephews and a holiday on safari and australia.but before all that i'd have a year of drugs,partys and shagging.

I honestly wouldn't want more than 2 million.i need to have a purpose or i will rot in my pit.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

money cant buy what I want

You,ll be surprised what women will do if your wedge is big enough mate, don't give up hope I,m sure there's a purple waffle somewhere with your name on it?

I would like enough to enable me to pay the bills for the next 16 years then i get my pension .. give the kids a few thousand .. pay a few bits off & do my kitchen & bathroom & the guttering ?I guess  1.5 million is what i could live comfortably on .. I might buy a slightly bigger place with a workshop so I can tat in it ...but I would rent my little house out as a safety net incase it went tits up 

• Like 2