Bull whippet grey

4 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Tidy pups, the one Bull/Whippet I seen work had endless heart but didn't have the weight or power to be an all out fox killer. The added Greyhound in your pups should help with that. Good luck.

Tbh he doesn’t lack in regards to the killing part however I would agree in regards to speed he would lack a bit on a long course but the work we do it’s very rare he gets a long course pal 

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I visited the litter sired by my bull whippet dog. There was some cracking pups there. The mother of the pups is nearly full greyhound just a touch of bull. She’s a top class fox bitch, owned by a ver

For anyone wondering this is my bull whippet. Worked on fox.

So I ended up taking another dog pup rather than the Bitch pup. Rambo and Django , 3/8 bull 3/8 grey 2/8 whippet. 6 weeks old

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

It's funny how certain dogs take to teeth  davo one of the best i seen was a lab grey 

It's mad isn't it I had a 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy would do foxs single handed no bother av seen him do 4 in 3 night lamping in the same week and still be as game on the last as he was on the first 

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

It is not just bull/whips that would get dragged around a field by a yearling roe. Do you think it will just jump in to your bag?

I've done plenty of daytime Roe mate, I'm talking from experience not just making shit up.

• Like 1

I wouldnt be too happy with an experienced dog in that situation doing anything less than quickly flooring it. I get what rabbit hunter is saying good hearts on the little dogs but they cant get things done quick enough for me too much fuss.

• Like 4
On 25/07/2018 at 18:31, Rabbit Hunter said:

It's true mate, the same one I mentioned I seen get dragged the full length of a field by a yearling Roe buck before getting kicked off, an hour later we dug a fox with the terrier I had off you and try as it might, the same Bull/Whippet could do nothing with it. The lad who had it used to like me going out lamping with him, just because my lurcher could catch them no problem and his lurcher would then see some work.

What did you want the lurcher to do with a dug fox ?

Like all crosses you get good and bad. What most bull whippets have in abundance is heart and drive. Not dogs for long slips for courses but the ones I've seen all excelled at mugging game and vermin of any kind. 

IMG_4578.JPG

• Like 7
27 minutes ago, trenchfoot said:

Like all crosses you get good and bad. What most bull whippets have in abundance is heart and drive. Not dogs for long slips for courses but the ones I've seen all excelled at mugging game and vermin of any kind. 

IMG_4578.JPG

Why would you add whippet to

the bull if they no good for running? Just curios

On 26/07/2018 at 17:58, Rabbit Hunter said:

That's not the way I intended it, if you read it in contrast to the rest of my post, I was trying to get across that the dog had heart in abundance, but his weight/height let him down and that was an example I used.

strange question to be asking

Edited by barkers
wrong person sorry