borders or lakeys?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are still working borders out there.

I work a black and tan dog he's a Parkes breed Lakey to a patterdale brilliant foxing dog and he will Bush all day here's Jim Juan Mata

My borders and lakelands have never failed me, stay till the jobs done. Also plenty other lads out there with genuine working lakeys.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, lawrence said:

ive a few border pups here, their only youngsters but full of attitude , never kept borders before but i have to say i do like them , their keen.

rlj5mv.jpg

Good stuff lawrence, are they bred from working stuff?

On 08/07/2018 at 16:07, Scar Face said:

Here is a few!! that fawn dog in the first picture was supposed to be a son of some good border dog from the Uk Tyson I think his name was! And the old dog was retired I had him for breeding but the pups of him never made the grade!! The blackens are more suitable for the earth work in my opinion ???

852AD41E-02C8-4F07-A97B-3031D7A7DE77.png

92785D1F-C7BF-4B86-98C9-2FE15DBCC5A2.png

F27AC7B7-9A66-47E3-ADB9-1E3AD16E1EB2.png

09B61379-478D-416B-8CF0-5BF4A64CF259.png

B0892778-86CF-4BE8-BE6E-8407BA52F10F.png

77C6CC75-CD04-4831-97A5-27FFC3DCABBC.jpeg

Mate Used that tyson on a border bitch long time ago..... Ad In back of cmw.... Dogs were silly hard bitches all 10 minute wonders, very narrow little things, was lucky to get a handful of digs to the dogs a season, never learnt any manners....... None made it past 4 yr old. Local farmer shot the last dog troy from that litter when he saw it wandering outside of the estate..... Silly move on his behalf ?

1 hour ago, lawrence said:

ive a few border pups here, their only youngsters but full of attitude , never kept borders before but i have to say i do like them , their keen.

rlj5mv.jpg

Why not dock them Lawrence? Nice looking animal on the left there by the way?

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Mate Used that tyson on a border bitch long time ago..... Ad In back of cmw.... Dogs were silly hard bitches all 10 minute wonders, very narrow little things, was lucky to get a handful of digs to the dogs a season, never learnt any manners....... None made it past 4 yr old. Local farmer shot the last dog troy from that litter when he saw it wandering outside of the estate..... Silly move on his behalf ?

Funny you should say that because ive only ever seen 2 borders that worked to a decent standard and both were ridiculously rock hard.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Ha, goes to show what I know lol

Some take off about a quarter of the tip?

11 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Funny you should say that because ive only ever seen 2 borders that worked to a decent standard and both were ridiculously rock hard.

The ones we had that would stay would just grab any part of the quarry and take what ever was dished out to them?‍♂️..... We were young lads early 20's before the ban came in and didn't know no better... These days I wouldn't dream of keeping the type that are always in the sick bay..... Get more done with a little bayer/mixer that knows when to step it up. still know a few old boys who keep the borders right ?shame that these days most are more concerned with charging £600 a pup from potlickers than putting them in good working homes?

• Like 3
On 08/07/2018 at 21:40, morton said:

The only reason for that is because there is no longer the terrier expertise about now,the vast majority of folk about now would not have the working knowledge to own a Border/Lakeland and find it far easier to enter a terrier that is nearly idiot proof,yet owned by a majority of idiots.Black terriers are the salvation of the majority now and thats a fecking poor reflection of the nous of terrier folk about now.

Yea things were done with much more class and expertise years ago morton when doubling up was standard practice, a standard you still work your dogs too, 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
13 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Some take off about a quarter of the tip?

The ones we had that would stay would just grab any part of the quarry and take what ever was dished out to them?‍♂️..... We were young lads early 20's before the ban came in and didn't know no better... These days I wouldn't dream of keeping the type that are always in the sick bay..... Get more done with a little bayer/mixer that knows when to step it up. still know a few old boys who keep the borders right ?shame that these days most are more concerned with charging £600 a pup from potlickers than putting them in good working homes?

My old dog is like that, he is mute. He kills alot of his quarry, the younger stuff i have and friends have are more the bayer/mix type but get the job done well.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Yea things were done with much more class and expertise years ago morton when doubling up was standard practice, a standard you still work your dogs too, 

Doubling up wasn't standard practise. Don't know who told you that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1