First cross Beddy Whippet

3 hours ago, white van man said:

I don’t know much about whippets or beddy crosses but have been out with a few beddy crosses.  1/2 and 1/4 bred. Ones I go out with are great for ferreting and lamping. I like having them on the hills with us. They will hit any cover and love to hunt. A good whippet was put over the 1/2 cross and all the off spring seem to be doing well. Mate kept the smallest bitch back, she’s 19tts and isn’t scared of anything. I put this down to him using the right whippet. 

Or the right beddy cross ??

• Like 1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

putting her to a good Whippet, to get a three quarter pup for myself. 

not the best of pics sorry,bit hot out there for her with that coat lol

mines 13 months.marking at 9 months old.only caught 2 daytime rabbits so far.got her for ferreting & daytime mooching.this will be her first season come September. 

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

This half x beddy/grey same lines as mooches will hopefully be lined in spring by a good working whippet hence if I can find the right one ? The one I was gona use unfortunately met its end far to early

D815A12C-2124-40B7-81BB-EB2B4B8C0818.jpeg

Why wouldn’t you just breed to another beddy bred Lurcher doing a bit rather than a whippet?  beddy greyhounds are not a big x to begin with so not much point making them smaller you know your self beddy greyhounds are thin on the ground genuine question mooch not a rib or a negative 

1 hour ago, poxon said:

Why wouldn’t you just breed to another beddy bred Lurcher doing a bit rather than a whippet?  beddy greyhounds are not a big x to begin with so not much point making them smaller you know your self beddy greyhounds are thin on the ground genuine question mooch not a rib or a negative 

Faster maybe ? 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, poxon said:

More than likley be my last lurcher and what I will be wanting for it will be ideal 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Faster maybe ? 

Maybe who knows could end up being slower over distance given the fact smaller dogs have to run twice as fast to cover same distance as a medium to larger type so could potentially be taking away from what’s already there for little gain really but who knows suppose it depends on style of hunting an what your hunting 

Just now, Loton Moocher said:

More than likley be my last lurcher and what I will be wanting for it will be ideal 

Fair does mate ??We all gotta slow up at some point fella least you’re sticking with the beddy blood mate respect ??

1 minute ago, poxon said:

Maybe who knows could end up being slower over distance given the fact smaller dogs have to run twice as fast to cover same distance as a medium to larger type so could potentially be taking away from what’s already there for little gain really but who knows suppose it depends on style of hunting an what your hunting 

If you only intend mooching rabbits you need something in its stride from take off remember in the day a rabbit rarely runs more than 25 yrds these little pocket rockets served me well when I started so will again    Horses for courses

• Like 2
Just now, Loton Moocher said:

Oh I wunna touch owt without beddy in it 

Same as that now mate beddy blood in a lurcher is a funny thing once you have one your happy with you may stray for a bit with other crosses but always find your self thinking or wanting another or even owning one an comparing it back to that dog 

• Like 1