I was getting £280 a shift  8 yrs ago shopfitting.....before that £1 a metre pulling telecoms cable and blowing fibre..... 1000 metres a day split 3 ways.... Jacked it as I was sick of not having a life..... Not seeing my kids... Job on the books now £15 something per hr, holidays, bonus's, in the house by 5:30 everyday.... Happiest I've ever been.... Not about money these days for me..... Chased it for yrs..offered a foremans job with the company I'm with now, more money...... Don't want the stress..... Get by as I am.... More you have.... The more you waste?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was getting £280 a shift  8 yrs ago shopfitting.....before that £1 a metre pulling telecoms cable and blowing fibre..... 1000 metres a day split 3 ways.... Jacked it as I was sick of not having a li

My 8 Yr old just got top marks in a spelling test at school today ... Worked really hard for it as he has struggled with his reading.... Told him we would treat him for his efforts..... So a Day out a

I was brought up in a slum with nowt,hand me down clothes and suchlike,my dad was a bit of a cnut,i learnt to value money,worked silly hours at times,i do regret not seeing more of my kids when they w

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I was getting £280 a shift  8 yrs ago shopfitting.....before that £1 a metre pulling telecoms cable and blowing fibre..... 1000 metres a day split 3 ways.... Jacked it as I was sick of not having a life..... Not seeing my kids... Job on the books now £15 something per hr, holidays, bonus's, in the house by 5:30 everyday.... Happiest I've ever been.... Not about money these days for me..... Chased it for yrs..offered a foremans job with the company I'm with now, more money...... Don't want the stress..... Get by as I am.... More you have.... The more you waste?

You can't buy back the years spent at work mate.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Has to be cash paid into my bank.nothing dodgy.i don't mind paying any taxes really but want to keep as much for my hard work.

As i understood it a can earn around 14/15,000 or thereabout tax free in norway and just put it in my bank again british tax free also.may as well shag some sexy blondes while i'm there.

Male or female?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've turned down 3 jobs this year with good pay rises because i always thought you can't buy time with the kid,dogs or whatever but actually i could do more with him with cash to burn and i'll get him over for a weekend.i want to get him a chelsea season ticket.

Dytkos..not saying.!!!

• Like 1

I seen the light a few yrs ago and jacked a £40k a year job in.i was working a lot of hours.

And wasn't seeing my 3 lads grow up.its a fine line between work and home time.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I've turned down 3 jobs this year with good pay rises because i always thought you can't buy time with the kid,dogs or whatever but actually i could do more with him with cash to burn and i'll get him over for a weekend.i want to get him a chelsea season ticket.

Dytkos..not saying.!!!

You spend a day with your lad on the bank fishing and having a little bbq in this great weather.them memorys your lad will have for a lifetime.

Money can't buy quality time.

Even a day river swimming is great.my 3 lads spend all day in there.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, king said:

You spend a day with your lad on the bank fishing and having a little bbq in this great weather.them memorys your lad will have for a lifetime.

Money can't buy quality time.

Even a day river swimming is great.my 3 lads spend all day in there.

Yep it's all about the memorys.i want to bring him over for skiing and fishing in the fjords but having that money would really make a difference to me back here.

I feel guilty though because i've never missed one of his football matches yet or even training.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

in the house by 5:30 everyday

We work 7:30-15:30 with one 20 min break. And after years of travelling around the Midlands for work I have finally ended up on a site a 3 min drive from my house. I’m better off 10-12 hrs a week

• Like 1

Its a fine line,you need money to enjoy life,taking family out to pub,food,shops,hols,presents etc,but it also means not seeing them during the day,but if you want to spend allday with them then your on benefits.

I remember the big crash in the early 90,s I think when all the lads headed for Germany, prior to that I was working 12hour days 6/7 days a week had a gang of lads working for me, left home before my kids were up got home when they were in bed and thought I was doing great, after the interest rates hit 15 percent and every other house was repossessed all my mates were in Germany, I got a little maintenance job and thought what the f**k were those last years all about and since that time I value my free time and family more than anything in the world and just do enough to live now,, with as much me and my family time as I can squeeze in, i,m just off for a guided ghost walk and a few beers round Bristol with the misses, daughter and son in law priceless ??

• Like 6

I was brought up in a slum with nowt,hand me down clothes and suchlike,my dad was a bit of a cnut,i learnt to value money,worked silly hours at times,i do regret not seeing more of my kids when they were toddlers all for chasing paper,but I never wasted even a pound note,never drank,smoked,gambled,they are getting first class education and at least one of them understands I worked hard so they didn't have to.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, mackem said:

I was brought up in a slum with nowt,hand me down clothes and suchlike,my dad was a bit of a cnut,i learnt to value money,worked silly hours at times,i do regret not seeing more of my kids when they were toddlers all for chasing paper,but I never wasted even a pound note,never drank,smoked,gambled,they are getting first class education and at least one of them understands I worked hard so they didn't have to.

My 8 Yr old just got top marks in a spelling test at school today ... Worked really hard for it as he has struggled with his reading.... Told him we would treat him for his efforts..... So a Day out at longleat safari Park next weekend for the family?it's my kids I get out of bed for every morning.... Try and give them what the Mrs and myself went with out growing up.... all my fiddles, tickles, earners go on them..... I got to ask the Mrs for 'pocket money' lol. So long as they happy and we got a roof over our heads..... I will do what ever it takes ?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, mackem said:

The hand me down shoes were the best guaranteed athletes foot and varucas for free ??

2 hours ago, ollieollie said:

We work 7:30-15:30 with one 20 min break. And after years of travelling around the Midlands for work I have finally ended up on a site a 3 min drive from my house. I’m better off 10-12 hrs a week

Same as...I do the footings on two local sites both less than 3 miles away!

start about 8 quick brew at 11 then off about 3, Friday is a token face show and cooked breakfast. 

Feast or famin the building trade

• Like 3