Not enough blacks riding bikes in London .....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the reason it's not popular with darkies is the white people are generally cycling to and from work......

f***ing madness! If we could have seen into the future we would have picked our own f***ing cotton!

Posted Images

There all riding somebody else's bike, my lad had his bike nicked while he lived in London, so the wife felt sorry gave him hers few weeks latter that one was nicked. So gave him my rock hopper, yea nicked. Bought himself a fix wheel basic, nobody touched it.

Cheers Arry

1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

The need for fresh news all the time is what brings about these bollocks articles , I wouldn't hold much weight in what they say as Im sure there just published to make people click on them building up the views on the site gaining them more money . 

This.

If there is any substance in this it is here in the article..... a specifically bourgeois sensibility” that simply doesn’t resonate with many black and Asian Londoners. A Muslim woman called Jasmine said that riding a bicycle would, for her, be “socially unacceptable”. A group of Asian women thought the idea that they might cycle “ridiculous” almost by definition. A young, black professional, Leanne, indicated that for her, unlike white peers, being “a cyclist” would not signal high social status: “When you’ve made it, you buy a car, not a bicycle.” Another, Marvin, said he’d only consider cycling if he became “really poor”.

I  keep telling people that I am poor and got nuttin, but they don't believe me. Sometimes I ride around the village on a clapped out bike. Perhaps I should point this fact out to them. BIKE = POOR. Some black fellow said so.

2 minutes ago, Meece said:

This.

If there is any substance in this it is here in the article..... a specifically bourgeois sensibility” that simply doesn’t resonate with many black and Asian Londoners. A Muslim woman called Jasmine said that riding a bicycle would, for her, be “socially unacceptable”. A group of Asian women thought the idea that they might cycle “ridiculous” almost by definition. A young, black professional, Leanne, indicated that for her, unlike white peers, being “a cyclist” would not signal high social status: “When you’ve made it, you buy a car, not a bicycle.” Another, Marvin, said he’d only consider cycling if he became “really poor”.

I  keep telling people that I am poor and got nuttin, but they don't believe me. Sometimes I ride around the village on a clapped out old bike. Perhaps I should point this fact out to them. BIKE = POOR. Some black fellow said so.

15 hours ago, Night Walker said:

Same, I hate cyclists, most think they are invincible and  go around like they own the roads

Ive accidently knocked two people off there bikes now... really affected me i couldnt sleep thinking about them sliding down the road. 

• Haha 1