• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was given this old photo of my father and some mates,  by my mother as a keep sake. Thinking maybe early 70's. I know this topic has been shared here before, but couldn't find any threads on it.

This old photo solved a mystery for me while I was researching my family history as I was told one of our family was killed on a railway while rabbiting by my sister. Twigged it when saw this photo of

A picture of my great,great, great grand uncle during the famine 1845

Posted Images

Don't know if any you guys get down this neck of the woods on holiday or fishing etc. Well wifey and myself drove down to Beesands and had cod and chips in The Cricket Inn, very nice it was and the music. But on the wall is a big tv screen with hundreds of old photos of the village the fisher men, selling fish and crabs, making willow crab pots, South Hallsands before it was ruined continually changing. Worth a call in and a pint just to see all them old photos. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2018 at 14:37, Arry said:

Don't know if any you guys get down this neck of the woods on holiday or fishing etc. Well wifey and myself drove down to Beesands and had cod and chips in The Cricket Inn, very nice it was and the music. But on the wall is a big tv screen with hundreds of old photos of the village the fisher men, selling fish and crabs, making willow crab pots, South Hallsands before it was ruined continually changing. Worth a call in and a pint just to see all them old photos. 

Cheers Arry

Sounds great,..me and Rosy fancy a couple of days away,.. a bit of a holiday, so we will keep that area in mind...:clapper:

17 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Sounds great,..me and Rosy fancy a couple of days away,.. a bit of a holiday, so we will keep that area in mind...:clapper:

Great at the moment wall to wall sunshine and flat calm gin clear sea. Coastal footpath are excellent but bloody hot on the up hill bits. If you want any pointers PM me. Atb.

posted some photos on "best part to live"

Cheers Arry 

Edited by Arry
  • Like 3

Don't know if this is of any interest really early 60s. Me and mate decided we cycle to Buckfast only about 10 mile each way, but I never had a bike so used my sisters, bloody thing only had one gear. When I look at the photo now not one car, its wall to wall with them now there. Me with a synthetic leather jacket and my mate with his school gabardine coat, some of you older guys will remember them.

869771928_bikeride.thumb.jpg.36ee3b3b6553fef9d0c62d31775f9d2d.jpg

Cheers Arry   

• Like 9