• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having just got home from a funeral of old teacher, i was wondering if any of you have had good recollections from your past, don't want to know about the bad ones other wise we could be here for eter

Yup witnessed that type of mockery many times wilf Teachers picking out lads and making them the butt  of his jokes. You reminded me about a lad in my class who was obviously poor and wore hand m

That was my experience as well mate, and I was right up for all that. I used to sit next to a really nice lad in English, but he he couldn’t read particularly well and was a bit scruffy......this

I can't think of one teacher in high school that wasn't a horrible b*****d. My old head master died last week and people from school were saying how nice he was and such a shame he went young etc, it only got one like ?

• Like 1

I could nearly write a book on the behavior of some of the aholes that were there, one or two could of gone to jail for the hidings they gave me, punches, kicks and one even smashing the desk lid up and down on my head and that was after he had bust my nose with a good right.

Mind you, i would not want their job for all the tea in China. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, myersbg said:

one or two could of gone to jail for the hidings they gave me, punches, kicks and one even smashing the desk lid up and down on my head and that was after he had bust my nose with a good right.

Some of our teachers were brutal and should have been working in a borstal rather than a comprehensive,there was a few boy hating lesbians teaching the girls PE,a couple of barren spinsters teaching French who took delight banging our heads off the wall or desk,bunch of psycho's some of them.

• Like 1

its good Myersg has memories like that... I wish I had,

the school I went to was a dumping ground and the teachers were fcking mental.. some of the kids in the top groups have done really well for them selves but there few and between!

I was talking to a kid at work about the place the other week and he said a pupils mum had tazed a girl for picking on her daughter!!

30 years on and its still a sh1t hole...  we live 5 mins away from that school and I send my kids 20mile in the opposite direction!

not so fond memories 

• Like 1

I only have good memories of school

The FB page dedicated to it is called 'I Survived Anny Comp' which i suppose sums up 1400 all boys comprehensive in the middle of Anfield...

Wasnt the easiest school to be in, especially when i was no saint but still it was a happy time for me.

Teachers were tough feckers in the main, they had to be and yes, we had our share of orrible sadistic b*****ds too but some of the dedication and effort they showed to us was above and beyond.

9 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

The school i went to was like a zoo. Was considered a good day if you made it home uninjured . Only decent teacher in the place told me not to bother with further education and it was the best advice any of them gave me.

Thats the advice they should give to more kids. Not everyone is cut out for university yet they ram higher learning down their thoats and make them feel like failures if they aren't that great at the academic side of learning.. 

I was expelled at 14 which probably tells you all you need to know about my academic career, however I have positive memories of one or two teachers.

Years later when I had grown some sense I was a school governor at a very good junior school and my wife was a governor at my old senior school.

My view of schools changed because the schools themselves had changed and I have to say the environment they fostered was brilliant and the students were much nicer kids than my generation ever were.

• Like 2

I found during my school days every teacher hand picked a small few and that few got all attention and schooling The rest were written off and left to fester.

The only time they were shown any attention was to belt them or mock them in front of the rest of the class. Looking back now it was disgusting how they were treated and had a cheek calling themselves teacher's. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Malt said:

Thats the advice they should give to more kids. Not everyone is cut out for university yet they ram higher learning down their thoats and make them feel like failures if they aren't that great at the academic side of learning.. 

I couldn't agree more.. ive got an 18 yr old daughter who unfortunately is no rocket scientist!

last week she passed her maths exam with 14 out of 15 which is a boost for her but this was done at some tin pot collage side line place..

im pretty sure if I checked the test results it wouldn't of been a pass and thats a truly sh1t thing for a father to say!

now she wants to carry on with more collage, I dont want to burst her bubble but ive been telling her for years to get an apprenticeship as a painter & decorator as 

I knew a lass that did it and has done really well out of it... old women dont want scary looking blokes in there homes!

non of the kids leaving education now are interested in normal jobs cos all they hear is you can do what ever you want and its the biggest load of bs going!

I recon its time to pull the plug on sham education and get real.. theres nothing wrong with working a factory job or at your local Tesco but its not the life they've been sold!!

what a fcukin country :( 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, scothunter said:

I found during my school days every teacher hand picked a small few and that few got all attention and schooling The rest were written off and left to fester.

The only time they were shown any attention was to belt them or mock them in front of the rest of the class. Looking back now it was disgusting how they were treated and had a cheek calling themselves teacher's. 

That was my experience as well mate, and I was right up for all that.

I used to sit next to a really nice lad in English, but he he couldn’t read particularly well and was a bit scruffy......this one day we was sat in a lesson with the head of English and he makes this lad stand up and read out loud.

Mate, it was f***ing howling having to listen to the poor lad stutter his way through this passage while all the while the head Of English took the piss out loud in front of the whole class.......after a couple of minutes I lost my rag and threw my chair at the head of English’s fat f***ing head, hit him right in the side of the canister and knocked him bandy.......fat prick !

As you can imagine they took me to the cleaners for that one, but I told them the crack and it wasn’t as bad as it could have been for me.

Funny enough, that teacher never took the piss out of anyone in that class again.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, Malt said:

IMO this is now a lie that has been sold to the youth. It'll take a generation to end because it is pushed by a generation who grew up in a time when going to Uni genuinely was an exceptional thing. Since the turn of the century and the rise in equality and social democratic views this thing that was once exceptional is now available to just about everyone and it's really devalued it while at the same time laden folks who really wont benefit from it with tens of thousands of pounds of debt.

Simultaneously though there are now more schemes for vocational training and non conventional training that has meant that a savvy hard working young fella or fella-ette can achieve just as much as an academic.

IMO this old fashioned view that academics are better than non academics is demonstrably false and needs to die out. It'll stop non academics wasting their early career and rightfully increase the value of higher education qualifications again.

• Like 4