Bedlington stud dog Yorkshire

16 minutes ago, morton said:

You won,t find an argument from me with those percentages,yet it only takes 1 or 2 folk to breed right to start to get those percentages down a tad.With every litter of shite sold the Beddy reputation suffers,with every honest litter the balance is hard to balance,a few diehards are hell bent on putting the record straight,if that means upsetting a few feckwits and egos so be it.While im on here ill take up the challenge as i know what a genuine Beddy brings to the table.

I wish you well in your quest morton.

• Like 1

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So after all the debates and discussions i did get a stud dog for my bitch........she had the pups yesterday 4 x dogs 2 x bitches all doing really well including my bitch who has done herself proud wi

sire is the blue dog and dam is choc bitch shite pic il see if i can get a better one

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, morton said:

You won,t find an argument from me with those percentages,yet it only takes 1 or 2 folk to breed right to start to get those percentages down a tad.With every litter of shite sold the Beddy reputation suffers,with every honest litter the balance is hard to balance,a few diehards are hell bent on putting the record straight,if that means upsetting a few feckwits and egos so be it.While im on here ill take up the challenge as i know what a genuine Beddy brings to the table.

The lad was never saying that his intension is to breed 100% working Bedlington Terries. And sell them. As far as I can tell he just has a Bedlington bitch that is fit for his purpose and regards the animal as worth breeding from. For his purpose.

The problem comes from people who lie about what they have done. what their terriers have done, and then try to pass them off as something that they are not. And then sell them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
41 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

The lad was never saying that his intension is to breed 100% working Bedlington Terries. And sell them. As far as I can tell he just has a Bedlington bitch that is fit for his purpose and regards the animal as worth breeding from. For his purpose.

The problem comes from people who lie about what they have done. what their terriers have done, and then try to pass them off as something that they are not. And then sell them.

Yup he,s going to breed a shithawk litter to further the cause of the working bedlington and not sell the surplus shithawk dross,then a few months down the line the owners of these shithawk dross will not line them,spin a few yarns about their working prowess and advertise another litter of dross masquerading as WORKING Bedlingtons,i admire your naievety.

15 minutes ago, morton said:

Yup he,s going to breed a shithawk litter to further the cause of the working bedlington and not sell the surplus shithawk dross,then a few months down the line the owners of these shithawk dross will not line them,spin a few yarns about their working prowess and advertise another litter of dross masquerading as WORKING Bedlingtons,i admire your naievety.

I admire your resolve. Your dogged determination to drive your point home. The spirit of the old Bedlignton.  

The mother has a beddy terrier that’s a pet, full of drive, very strong and in need of work. Will try and kill my terriers and is screaming to go when taken to a live earth, off it’s head. Would love to take it out, sods law, bring on a few we’ll bred dogs that won’t even travel and then this pet dog looks more promising than ever.

Do you go out purposely to get a dog to ground Mort or is it just a case of its I found so lets see what happens .Big difference from a dog bred to dig week in week out than an occasional warrier full of itself. I agree about your breeding strategy but if it' not backed up with regular work you are achieving nothing. The draw back with the beddy is it's size in getting places in earth from what I've seen and benefit from a progam to reduce size and length ie outcrossing .

On 14/05/2018 at 09:48, ADAM C said:

Each to their own as i said.......

I know a lad who as a Bedlington at stud mate, it's Midlands though. Dog is out of Terry oherns stuff, you won't find better and it's pure bedlington not been x to pat etc, if I was looking for a stud I would travel to use him. The lad who owns him is a gentleman and a honest field man. Pm me your number and I'll pass it on,, atb 

On 15/05/2018 at 18:07, foxdropper said:

Do you go out purposely to get a dog to ground Mort or is it just a case of its I found so lets see what happens .Big difference from a dog bred to dig week in week out than an occasional warrier full of itself. I agree about your breeding strategy but if it' not backed up with regular work you are achieving nothing. The draw back with the beddy is it's size in getting places in earth from what I've seen and benefit from a progam to reduce size and length ie outcrossing .

They as always been big and small bedlingtons even out of two the right size for earth work, my father always had a good small one for earth work and a bigger dog for xing to running dogs, atb 

• Like 1
On 13/05/2018 at 20:35, morton said:

Bang on morton, if folk only bred from earth dogs the bedlington would be in a better place, atb

On 12/05/2018 at 11:20, shaneg said:

That’s wrong digging in England is not illegal it’s completely legal if done right 

It's surprising how many people think digging to fox is illegal full stop, even some who use this forum. I was also told yesterday that lamping rabbits as been banned for last ten years. And it was the lad who is now in charge of one of the farms I work who said it to me, for years I have lamped, done ferreting ratting and took some good bags and had some great days on this land but I can see this ending now he's taking over from the old couple who owns it, I asked him if he had done much farm work, no not a day until I got with my new girl friend who's the owners granddaughter. He's a nice anufe lad but he should stick to being a fire man.