Big Brother Is Watching You

2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

As a libertarian, I look at it purely from a stance of individual freedoms, vs larger government and increased restriction. Computers log everything. The breakdown is the human reviewing the information. Government is costly and inefficient and giving them more power is counter to a free society.

Despite all the money from taxes. All the technology. All the surveillance. All the manpower. Are we more secure?

post-22-0-51395100-1450204820.jpg

:no:

I watched that movie last night.?

• Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm no on Facebook it's a site for nosey b*****d's so kinda ironic them thereselfs are getting the tables turned on them lol

Another one not on Facebook , can’t understand this fixation for telling every one every detail of your life ..they can all fcuk themselves off ..

Specifically? The fact that GCHQ/NSA are monitoring everything I do pretty much unregulated and unaccountably or that this is a massive abuse of government and liberty? The fact I'm being monitor

Posted Images

10 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Agreed! Again a couple of decades ago you'd have to pry my personal information from my cold dead hands. Today the only thing stopping it being a huge deal is the sheer volume of it and the lack of people to sift through it to find anything meaningful. Like Kerny eloquently put it earlier on "the vast majority of information that is shared on Facebook is what Kathleen had for tea or how hungover Roy is."

We touched on it in the Let's Go Full Tinfoil thread about how perception is malleable and open to influence. There are studies on it dating back a century and this simply the latest stage. You're correct on the implications and this is why us Libertarians should be expanding. Would it be counter-intuitive to use their system? :laugh:

(Section quote from above text). Today the only thing stopping it being a huge deal is the sheer volume of it and the lack of people to sift through it to find anything meaningful. Like Kerny eloquently put it earlier on  "the vast majority of information that is shared on Facebook is what Kathleen had for tea or how hungover Roy is."

if they have all of this blurb on me from my liking of mixing corn flakes, rice krispies and a open together and liking to look at pretty short haired brunettes with piercings what good does it do to anyone. If it was any use they would be using it to know that terrorist # 123abc was going out to buy stuff to do nasty things with. Or that I buy xyz dog food. There are a lot more inconvenient things in life to consider like going out to go to work and finding your car has got a puncture in one of its tyres than someone knowing that I looked at a brand of chainsaw or washing machine. 

3 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

They did a piss-poor job at it then because all i saw about Trump on the web was mocking and ridicule.

But he got the job! CA aren't the only ones that are doing it either the point here is that your echo chamber is open to manipulation from external forces, and this data breach is telling everybody that someone has been caught doing it.

3 hours ago, Meece said:

if they have all of this blurb on me from my liking of mixing corn flakes, rice krispies and a open together and liking to look at pretty short haired brunettes with piercings what good does it do to anyone. If it was any use they would be using it to know that terrorist # 123abc was going out to buy stuff to do nasty things with. Or that I buy xyz dog food. There are a lot more inconvenient things in life to consider like going out to go to work and finding your car has got a puncture in one of its tyres than someone knowing that I looked at a brand of chainsaw or washing machine.

Like he says in the video, mate, the collection of all this data surfing habits etc they can accurately predict who likes to do what and where to focus their attention when they need to push a certain agenda. You personally might not be as susceptible as we're not talking about a physical mind control here but look at the sheep on social media and look how these people steer the herd. Kerny stated earlier in the thread about his mates and the shit they circulate on Facebook.

• Like 3