Big Brother Is Watching You

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm no on Facebook it's a site for nosey b*****d's so kinda ironic them thereselfs are getting the tables turned on them lol

Another one not on Facebook , can’t understand this fixation for telling every one every detail of your life ..they can all fcuk themselves off ..

Specifically? The fact that GCHQ/NSA are monitoring everything I do pretty much unregulated and unaccountably or that this is a massive abuse of government and liberty? The fact I'm being monitor

Posted Images

4 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

How would you feel if your data was used push political propaganda for Jeremy Corbyn because you filled out a personality test?

This isn't about military security this is about people building algorithms using your personal data and internet habits to help advertisers and subvert political campaigns and allegedly help rig elections.

Seems to be working too looking at all the love Vlad gets on here! :laugh:

Well Corbyn has opposed nearly every needless conflict we've been involved in, for the poor souls that lost their lives sadly those personality tests didn't influence us enough.

2 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

I couldn't give a rats ass tbh as they all piss in the same pot. Did it also help convince us to leave the EU in name only? 

And that's Jenga... It's currently being used to turn opinion on leaving the EU and push towards a second referendum. Is it okay for them to keep having a do-over until these corporations get the result they're after?

51 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Well Corbyn has opposed nearly every needless conflict we've been involved in, for the poor souls that lost their lives sadly those personality tests didn't influence us enough.

Do you trust your government?

I'm just surprised that people are okay with a private corporation mining your personal details in order to build an algorithm for predicting behaviour in order to subvert or market towards a certain demographic. We've gone from privacy being sacrosanct to subjects of extreme voluntary surveillance in less than two generations. They're not evening paying us for it.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

And that's Jenga... It's currently being used to turn opinion on leaving the EU and push towards a second referendum. Is it okay for them to keep having a do-over until these corporations get the result they're after?

Do you trust your government?

I'm just surprised that people are okay with a private corporation mining your personal details in order to build an algorithm for predicting behaviour in order to subvert or market towards a certain demographic. We've gone from privacy being sacrosanct to subjects of extreme voluntary surveillance in less than two generations. They're not evening paying us for it.

I don't trust any government no, i don't trust myself all of the time either Hahaha. I don't care whatsoever and neither do you tbh as you wouldn't be on a hunting forum of all places. Does it stop you browsing the web on your tablet and smartphone? Man has been using propaganda since they began walking the earth, don't be so surprised by at all.

Edited by Kerny92
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Genuine question here for the panel.

If it can be proven that this kind of profiling can sway enough public opinion to actually influence the outcome of an election should it be allowed to continue?

You mean instead of listening to politicians telling us lies and giving us false promises? 

Edited by Kerny92
7 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I don't trust any government no, i don't trust myself all of the time either Hahaha. I don't care whatsoever and neither do you tbh as you wouldn't be on a hunting forum of all places. Does it stop you browsing the web on your tablet and smartphone? Man has been using propaganda since they began walking the earth, don't be so surprised by at all.

Next question is 'then why do you want to make it bigger?'

I don't have a tablet or smartphone, and while I fully understand how privacy works on the internet that doesn't mean I'm going to simply give up that right.

Mankind has indeed been using propaganda since the beginning but the issue is the specific nature of the campaign and profiling that is used to predict and influence.

You could've just said you don't mind not having a right to privacy! Are there any other rights you'd prefer not to have?

5 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

You mean instead of listening to politicians telling us lies and giving us false promises? 

The difference is that they're paying a corporation to personally tailor that propaganda to you, and you're absolutely alright with that?

But you didn't answer the question...

2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Next question is 'then why do you want to make it bigger?'

I don't have a tablet or smartphone, and while I fully understand how privacy works on the internet that doesn't mean I'm going to simply give up that right.

Mankind has indeed been using propaganda since the beginning but the issue is the specific nature of the campaign and profiling that is used to predict and influence.

You could've just said you don't mind not having a right to privacy! Are there any other rights you'd prefer not to have?

The difference is that they're paying a corporation to personally tailor that propaganda to you, and you're absolutely alright with that?

But you didn't answer the question...

My answer is all is fair in love and war, surely it's the voters duty to do the research and decide for themselves? 

2 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

My answer is all is fair in love and war, surely it's the voters duty to do the research and decide for themselves? 

Nice swerve. It's neither love nor war.

Moving forward there are those that value rights, and clearly, those that don't. Interesting outcome.

Why should anyone worry about their surfing habits being monitored and used in data monitoring.   If someone uses the fact that I like mixing rice krispies, corn flakes and Alpen together and that I like short haired brunettes with piercings so what? I don't care that someone is herding random surfing detail of millions of users to form some idea of what people think. Surely this is no more than what happens in any election and if the trend is towards lots of people liking to look at short haired brunettes  with piercings then great. So now there is no need for anyone to spy on me.  That information is no use to anyone no matter how much someone pays for it because I ain't going to buy a washing machine or car or vote for the monster raving loonies or Charlie Chan on some trend. The General public isn't as stupid as they generally appear to be. I think.

And if someone really wants power like a freak, you and I  ain't going to change it. Still you could always go live in a shack up in Alaska like an animal but is that efficient ?

Ps information  for the data miners regarding the cereal mix. First I put in the rice krispies then the corn flakes and the the alpen, then the milk and then a load of sweetener powder.

Edited by Meece
5 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Mate, you(and may others) don't seem to see that we have entered a world of information warfare.

It IS everyone's duty to check facts and research, but so much of the information available is skewed, manipulated or out and out untrue, that making an informed decision is getting harder and harder !

2 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Oh come on life's not that bad here. I can do pretty much as I like

It's not like Putin's Russia and there folk in here think he's great 

And they think that because he has a great PR department !

14 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Nice swerve. It's neither love nor war.

Moving forward there are those that value rights, and clearly, those that don't. Interesting outcome.

A soma a day keeps the revolt away !