Putange mole trapping

1 hour ago, tilimangro said:

The Putange either strike the skull or they hit the chest in the exact same area as the barrels

as I’ve said before you can adjust Putange triggers to get a kill where you want it

when they hit the skull or vertebrae it’s instant death or unconsciousness that they do not recover ffrom

when they hit in the same chest area as the barrels they achieve the exact same result as the barrels except I think they’re more efficient 

I don’t want to get into terminology on a public forum 

I don’t overly like talking about foul catches I’m a public forum

but the action of the Putange jaws cross over at the end and these achieve desired result

its interesting how jeff and Martin can discuss the Putange despite never owning them

theyve made false claims they’re pegged down to stop them being dragged when it is infact to stop them being pushed away

my offer of sending you a pair will always stand

i wouldn’t dare comment the way they have  on something I know nothing about

ive used pretty much every miletrap going including Bavarian loops which I didn’t think were humane and ceased

i have very happily stuck to Putange talpex and the odd barrel as these are through my own experience time and time again humane

i spoke to defra and natural England yesterday 

neither could send me a copy of the dvd and neither knew anything about it

Thanks, for that answer,.....as im just trying to inform myself further, regarding my query. I knew you would answer ?,...but , i did ask the other guy ? Iol,........(Sorry , about sourcing a dvd , but im certain that info was on the back cover)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strychnine,..was a terrible thing... Back in the day, I felt that its usage was something (as a Rural Pester) that I should know about. I applied to be schooled and instructed in the safe us

As a lifelong trapper, and a one time Importer, of killing traps,..the humane dispatching of a pest species really is a subject,... close to my heart. I do believe that we can affect a change, by

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Thanks, for that answer,.....as im just trying to inform myself further, regarding my query. I knew you would answer ?,...but , i did ask the other guy ? Iol,........(Sorry , about sourcing a dvd , but im certain that info was on the back cover)

Yes you did ask the “other guy”

sorry I genuinely missed that 

It seems there's more dvds available of the Roswell alien footage than this elusive DVD,what a pile of crap,seriously in this day and age with file sharing etc,earththrower you are 1 major windup merchant,even more so when you said you won't comment no more on this subject approx 12 pages ago

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, Dave74 said:

It seems there's more dvds available of the Roswell alien footage than this elusive DVD,what a pile of crap,seriously in this day and age with file sharing etc,earththrower you are 1 major windup merchant,even more so when you said you won't comment no more on this subject approx 12 pages ago

Dave74,  do you really think i give a f**k what YOU or 'smithie', or ANYBODY else on here thinks, for that matter, (cause your one of the ones (since i interjected again, latterly) thats only on this thread to be carried along 'for the ride', it seems, anyway.  ?)  & to conclude im not PERSONALLY interested in trying to stop anybody else, use what mole trap they want, or work however they want ?,......its just not on my agenda. That dvd exists alright,......problem is some of you are all f***ing experts these days (like f**k !  ha ha well think yous are, i reckon),.........& where were you all , when it was the first real chance to be rid of the cruel old 'white stuff' in 50 yr or so back in 2006, You know all these Professional MOLE TRAPPERS ??,....which includes those useless fucks at the helms of these mole catching organisations, etc  ,....what did yous do to try & help ensure it was finally the ' nail in the coffin' for it  ?,.......f***ing nothing, yous were nowhere , just oblivious,......cause yous are all enjoying the benefits of its withdrawal now, with this big revival in mole trapping,etc ?    ( f**k, i think myself , Jeff, & a guy that used to be on here, once i let him know, where the ONLY mole catchers who forwarded our submissions totally against it being retained here, & argued like f**k for it too !),.....& come to think about it, the other guy was too late with his submission anyway , ......so just two molecatchers responding against it !

Edited by earth-thrower
6 hours ago, Torquemada said:

There is no point debating with you ^^  you go round in circles with your nonsense and it's hard to follow exactly what you are on about most of the time.

lol,....you still failed to answer what i asked you fella,  & that tells me enough,.....(cause you probably couldn't)   

15 hours ago, earth-thrower said:

Dave74,  do you really think i give a f**k what YOU or 'smithie', or ANYBODY else on here thinks, for that matter, (cause your one of the ones (since i interjected again, latterly) thats only on this thread to be carried along 'for the ride', it seems, anyway.  ?)  & to conclude im not PERSONALLY interested in trying to stop anybody else, use what mole trap they want, or work however they want ?,......its just not on my agenda. That dvd exists alright,......problem is some of you are all f***ing experts these days (like f**k !  ha ha well think yous are, i reckon),.........& where were you all , when it was the first real chance to be rid of the cruel old 'white stuff' in 50 yr or so back in 2006, You know all these Professional MOLE TRAPPERS ??,....which includes those useless fucks at the helms of these mole catching organisations, etc  ,....what did yous do to try & help ensure it was finally the ' nail in the coffin' for it  ?,.......f***ing nothing, yous were nowhere , just oblivious,......cause yous are all enjoying the benefits of its withdrawal now, with this big revival in mole trapping,etc ?    ( f**k, i think myself , Jeff, & a guy that used to be on here, once i let him know, where the ONLY mole catchers who forwarded our submissions totally against it being retained here, & argued like f**k for it too !)

& the overwhelming response to the biocides & pesticides (group) at the EC, (when they invited reaction, before the final decision) where trying there best to hold on to Strychnine, loads of them all panicking how they were gonna control their moles now, without the poison , as the traps were no use, (especially over larger areas, etc),....lol,.......in fact Jeff's response was that comprehensive, (detailed trap versus poison comparison, it was) & totally dispelled the shite being put about poison being 'essential' etc,....& it makes me laugh how EVERYONE wants to bang on about 'HUMANENESS' now,.....cause they didn't seem too 'up nor down' about it then, obviously !!!!

Edited by earth-thrower

Strychnine,..was a terrible thing...:yes:

Back in the day, I felt that its usage was something (as a Rural Pester) that I should know about.

I applied to be schooled and instructed in the safe use of this noxious substance in order to be granted a LIcence, to purchase a few grams.

My Instructor was a well known MAFF officer, his particular specialty being, traps and trapping and of course, the legislation that goes alongside these disciplines.

We did our test over some mole infested fields that I was already trapping...

After a short while of discussion, the mixing of the worms and the snow,... and talking about the safe placement of poison baits in well-used mole feed runs...my Instructor said, "Feck it,...I can't teach you anything about the mole business fellah,..lets feck off over the Pub"...

This suited me,...I had got my approval to purchase Strychnine and made a valuable contact with a Ministry Man, one that was to last for many years.?

As for the poison, well, I gave it a brave try and treated some large farms and estates,..but my conscience soon got the better of me, and I refused to sentence a creature to such a horrendously painful death,... I lost a lot of money and turned down thousands of acres of work,..but,.. I slept a whole lot better...:yes:

My mole poisoning career lasted all of a month,..and I regretted every day of it...

Feck the Strychnine...?

1726978049_mole1-Copy.jpg.d691a54bd39e9730f1c90389fbd2ca12.jpg

• Like 7
41 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Strychnine,..was a terrible thing...:yes:

Back in the day, I felt that its usage was something (as a Rural Pester) that I should know about.

I applied to be schooled and instructed in the safe use of this noxious substance in order to be granted a LIcence, to purchase a few grams.

My Instructor was a well known MAFF officer, his particular specialty being, traps and trapping and of course, the legislation that goes alongside these disciplines.

We did our test over some mole infested fields that I was already trapping...

After a short while of discussion, the mixing of the worms and the snow,... and talking about the safe placement of poison baits in well-used mole feed runs...my Instructor said, "Feck it,...I can't teach you anything about the mole business fellah,..lets feck off over the Pub"...

This suited me,...I had got my approval to purchase Strychnine and made a valuable contact with a Ministry Man, one that was to last for many years.?

As for the poison, well, I gave it a brave try and treated some large farms and estates,..but my conscience soon got the better of me, and I refused to sentence a creature to such a horrendously painful death,... I lost a lot of money and turned down thousands of acres of work,..but,.. I slept a whole lot better...:yes:

My mole poisoning career lasted all of a month,..and I regretted every day of it...

Feck the Strychnine...?

1726978049_mole1-Copy.jpg.d691a54bd39e9730f1c90389fbd2ca12.jpg

Thanks for sharing here, Phil. & i agree with your sentiments entirely, regarding the old "snow". I eventually had the opportunity to use the stuff, for a short time myself. (an ex keeper venturing into pest control ,took me on board for his mole jobs. He insisted on the 'gas' firstly (would you believe ?) then strychnine , for all larger area work,....he didn't last long at the game , however) & at least it gave me the experience to know what it was like. No fun at all, really ! ,...lol,...for a start. Love the photo, .....& what's that 'earth implement' resting on your shoulder there ? ,....would it be your customed dibber, or 'spud' perhaps ?

Jeeze it doesn't get any better on here does it?

No wonder most of us full timers who actually do it not dream about it from behind the pc left years ago, rarely looking back in.

I'm surprised Phil still bothers.

Talking of Phil! The gentleman from maff? Wouldn't happen to be the same man tasked with sorting out the coypu up in the fenns by any chance?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, mole trapper said:

Jeeze it doesn't get any better on here does it?

No wonder most of us full timers who actually do it not dream about it from behind the pc left years ago, rarely looking back in.

I'm surprised Phil still bothers.

Talking of Phil! The gentleman from maff? Wouldn't happen to be the same man tasked with sorting out the coypu up in the fenns by any chance?

Well, i try too wake them all up from their slumber, at least 'mole trapper' ? ,......& I'm not 100% sure what your on about , or who your actually referring too ? (in your second paragraph), but , if you can't handle the 'heat' & all that ?,.......lol,....me, i personally never thought i was too good, or up myself enough, not to post here ? 

On 30/10/2018 at 13:13, Torquemada said:

Trying to insist on mandatory 24-hour trap checking on traps that are designed to be lethal is absolutely ridiculous. Accidents can happen. I have had rats caught by their legs and tails and squirrels caught by their paws. All of the traps involved were legal and humane.

To insist on checking every single humane lethal trap every 24 hours would put many of us out of business as we just would not be able to check every single trap every single day, when out on a job.

And the way things are going with SGARS if they try and restrict our ability to lay traps as well then the country will be overrun with vermin.

Personally I would never join one of the mole catchers associations. They are self-serving money-making schemes run by bullies and frankly I have nothing at all to do with them. I can't ever see the situation where they're going to try and bring in checking a lethal trap every 24 hours and I personally will fight tooth and nail against it.

I think the putange is probably the most humane trap I've ever used followed by the talpex and then the half barrel. The current crop of half barrels, the trigger is too far away from the Killing loop so they're not actually that all much of a humane trap in my opinion.

Not too much wrong here, as regards humaneness of capture in these "half barrels", I reckon ,....lol

IMG_20181112_152133.jpg

• Like 2