bird

beanie sealskinz ?

ive got 2 , both are very good waterproof,breathable , warm ,   but  the prob with them, they come up to small , i think my last one xxl  , it not that ive big head lol , the style of the hat i think tight fit  so move up on your head, so  nape of neck and ear lobs are always cold. just wonder if they good waterproof .breathable  , but bigger type beanie out there than above .?

Montaine, Lowe alpine and rab all do decent headgear. The Lowe alpine mountain hat takes some beating.  Not sure about sizes on them all but the Lowe alpine comes up snug

• Like 3

I’m tired of saying it ... 

there is no point in buying any other outdoor hat than this ...  

mines been to afghan , Kilimanjaro, Brecon , otterburn, Dartmoor, Kenyan rainstorms , mount Kenya 6 times , the highlands , the lakes , 

and ive never been wet or cold in it.ever . 

https://www.trekitt.co.uk/34189/products/lowe-alpine-mountain-cap-black.aspx?origin=pla&kwd=&currency=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5vSOjq2z2QIV6J3tCh2mbQLaEAQYASABEgLQ-PD_BwE

7 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

mines been to afghan , Kilimanjaro, Brecon , otterburn, Dartmoor, Kenyan rainstorms , mount Kenya 6 times , the highlands , the lakes , 

https://www.trekitt.co.uk/34189/products/lowe-alpine-mountain-cap-black.aspx?origin=pla&kwd=&currency=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5vSOjq2z2QIV6J3tCh2mbQLaEAQYASABEgLQ-PD_BwE

I find em too warm mate

• Haha 1

On 20 February 2018 at 01:37, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I've got the berghaus version of this, best hat I've used....not too hot, adjustable and the peak is great if you have glasses and it's raining.

Just got an Arc’teryx beanie and a Patagonia hat,Patagonia is warm as toast Arc’teryx is snug fitting.

16 minutes ago, tandors said:

Is it the synchilla hat? I've a load of Patagonia gear, really like it.

It’s out in the truck mate,I will get a pic tomorrow,it’s warmer than the Arc’teryx,I have a Canada goose that’s really warm,wore it in -20 many times and it’s kept my head comfortable.

I tend to skin the native wildlife and stick it in on my head. Their skins are usually a pretty close comparison to to the local climate . Although it gets messy in skunk territory.😂

• Like 1

I don't think it's the make Ray's worried about, it's finding something big enough for his massive melon head. :laugh:

Small the sealskinz defo n mine went bobbly really fast best beanies I've found are ridge line can get cheap of eBay too I got fleece one use daily n was £8on eBay like

On 19/02/2018 at 17:37, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Feck me did it get lost in the post ?

• Haha 1