Deerhound / Greyhound

very nice dog,,any photo of the hypnotic demonised deerhound x ...I kept 3 over the years ,but preferred the saluki x types ...they are stunning animals to look at also and the ones ive been out with and seen were not too shabby at all...very easy dogs to live with also,,,moreso than the salukis at times 

• Like 2

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 x. From Dave platt and joe Woolley   13 months old.  Keeps going wae he is will make a cracking dog no fear strong as hell 

The old lad very much retired no fuks given about the beast from the east   

Deerhound x greyhound and some other stuff in the mix.. mainly used him for lamping... done what i asked of him .. would have this X again in the future

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jetro said:

fine looking animal green lurcher.

looking forward to this pup. she will be working a long side my whippet.

should make a good team for differant types of ground.

atb j

when you picking her up ?  send  us a pic  when she settled  in . :thumbs: 

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:58, grompz said:

that dog was probably out of john nuttal of clitheroes strain of deerxgrey, exchange and mart was the place to buy working lurchers and pups in the 70s,john used to advertise litters regulary in those days,my first ones were bred by him, if memory serves me right they were £15 a pup, and the deerhounds he used was the enterkine blood, i believe john was brian nuttals brother,often wondered why he stopped breeding them,great days and great memories, wish i had a £1 for every rabbit those dogs caught,they gave there all on all things and owed me nothing, and helped me when times were hard.

Ave an old mate who bought a 3/4 grey 1/4 deer off nuttal of clitheroe in the 70s and he said that he used to go to the waterloo cup and buy up beaten final and semi final greyhounds to put his deerhounds too, when he was there picking his pup up he asked if he wanted one of his sons saluki lurcher pups for a tenner less, my mate declined, he's always wounderd if craig was his son and if that was one of the litters the some of the famous dogs came out of, it was the late 70s btw.

41 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Ave an old mate who bought a 3/4 grey 1/4 deer off nuttal of clitheroe in the 70s and he said that he used to go to the waterloo cup and buy up beaten final and semi final greyhounds to put his deerhounds too, when he was there picking his pup up he asked if he wanted one of his sons saluki lurcher pups for a tenner less, my mate declined, he's always wounderd if craig was his son and if that was one of the litters the some of the famous dogs came out of, it was the late 70s btw.

he's the patterdale man BN's son

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jetro said:

thanks for that ginger beard.

how did you rate them.

atb j

Not my best worker but i think he would of surprised a few.he lived for lamping and daytime roe.could take all edibles but not fox.

A joy to have around and my best dog to watch.a dog that meant more to me than any other.

Here's another photo.he's on the left.

Screenshot_2018-01-10-23-52-05.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

He might have done fox if i hadn't of slipped him at 6 months old.

to be honest im not to worried about the foxing side of things.

its game for the table im more interested in.

when the time comes and shes old and matured enough and if she meets a fox it will be up to her.

bonus if she takes them, but i wouldnt be to upset if she didnt, as long as she does everything else for me.

atb j

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Why would you do that

I'll try and defend it.here goes.

At 6 months old he was about 25/26 '' and bloody strong and wanted it.physically he could of destroyed it,mentally no.he was my 1st working lurcher so made alot of mistakes with him.

• Like 3