Brexit Thread Redux

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

he should be running the country 

A guy who thinks a made up person Enda Kelly and a real Bertie Ahern were Taoiseach of Northern Ireland, a position that doesn't exist. ...

Yeah ye'll go far with him alright :thumbs:

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, JohnGalway said:

A guy who thinks a made up person Enda Kelly and a real Bertie Ahern were Taoiseach of Northern Ireland, a position that doesn't exist. ...

Yeah ye'll go far with him alright :thumbs:

Unlike yourself. ....who got the wrong person https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/enda-kelly-former-taoiseach-of-northern-ireland-a-british-mp-got-his-facts-about-irish-politics-seriously-confused-36380735.html  just saying like 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, kanny said:

Correct, so I did :thumbs:

This is where I remenber his ignorance from:

https://www.joe.ie/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-irish-political-situation-608416

In my defence it's difficult to keep up with Tory ignorance of the world outside the shires.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JohnGalway said:

Correct, so I did :thumbs:

This is where I remenber his ignorance from:

https://www.joe.ie/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-irish-political-situation-608416

In my defence it's difficult to keep up with Tory ignorance of the world outside the shires.

I'll let you off they do look similar  well they both have glasses at least lol .... like most politicians of any party  there only concerned with what effects themselves ...but I would argue mogg is one of the better ones he doesn't normally get it wrong unlike Diane abbot :laugh:

29 minutes ago, BGD said:

Hammond confirms Government don't know what they want from Brexit end state and haven't even discussed it.

https://order-order.com/2017/12/06/hammond-dont-know-want-brexit-end-state/

Cluster. f**k.

I know what they want........they want to wake up and it was all a bad dream and the EU retirement home for shit Politicians is still welcoming ex-Westminster traitors ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

I know what they want........they want to wake up and it was all a bad dream and the EU retirement home for shit Politicians is still welcoming ex-Westminster traitors ! 

That's how I see it too. Not planning for it because they're still hoping they won't have to actually go through with it.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, BGD said:

Hammond confirms Government don't know what they want from Brexit end state and haven't even discussed it.

https://order-order.com/2017/12/06/hammond-dont-know-want-brexit-end-state/

Cluster. f**k.

It would seem to me taking the least damaging (in all aspects, social, economic, international relations) avenue is the most sensible course for the UK. I'm not for one second suggesting that's what they'll do mind you,, the monster raving loony party seems to have been reincarnated as the right wing of the Tory party. I don't feel there's an appetite within the EU to be overly accommodating alá it's Ireland's border therefore Ireland's problem, or they need us more than we need them type thinking. Hoisted on their own petard, and you broke it you bought it come to mind. I'm always wary of people believing too much of their own propaganda, it usually comes just before a fall. Twenty plus years of causing ructions within the EU to get out of it and it's plain there's no plan what to do next from the empty vessels who were making such noise all this time.

Cluster f**k seems entirely appropriate. 

• Like 1

I think it's become pretty clear an awful lot of the supposed "passionate Brexiteers" were just using the position to score political points thinking they'd never actually have to deal with leaving the EU (reminds me of the Republicans in the US and repealing Obamacare) and now the opportunity has actually come about they've been caught with their trousers round their ankles with no real plan as to how to move forward.

hoping austria get into bed with hungary poland and czech republic and show the  the uk how to stand up to the eu and grow bollix ,  put the  people first not the invaders or the un elected  rule makers , shower of shit they are 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JohnGalway said:

It would seem to me taking the least damaging (in all aspects, social, economic, international relations) avenue is the most sensible course for the UK. I'm not for one second suggesting that's what they'll do mind you,, the monster raving loony party seems to have been reincarnated as the right wing of the Tory party. I don't feel there's an appetite within the EU to be overly accommodating alá it's Ireland's border therefore Ireland's problem, or they need us more than we need them type thinking. Hoisted on their own petard, and you broke it you bought it come to mind. I'm always wary of people believing too much of their own propaganda, it usually comes just before a fall. Twenty plus years of causing ructions within the EU to get out of it and it's plain there's no plan what to do next from the empty vessels who were making such noise all this time.

Cluster f**k seems entirely appropriate. 

And what avenue would that be?

The Tory party don’t have a right wing, they are more New Labour than New Labour!!

If you mean the extremely small number of Tory MPs that beleive the UK should be a stand alone , self determination type country with a parliament that is directly accountable to its electorate, that makes its own laws and who’s own justice system has the final say, that isn’t forced to have foreign people come and run its country, make its budget and tell its government what to do and when to do it.......then that’s not really my definition of right wing.

• Like 2