Brexit Thread Redux

I'd bet most posting on here are in that 1% and don't even realise it:

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/050615/are-you-top-one-percent-world.asp

And to add to the irony, I hear dumpTrumps tax cuts will mean his starving offspring inherit his massive/meager fortune tax free.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, BGD said:

Seeing folk losing their jobs and struggling to put food on the table for years while we try and rebuild would be right up my street? :huh: Erm, no.

Make no mistake it wouldn't be the "1%" that suffers it'd be the average working man.

Lad are struggling to do that now mate !! 

Just now, BGD said:

Seeing folk losing their jobs and struggling to put food on the table for years while we try and rebuild would be right up my street? :huh: Erm, no.

Make no mistake it wouldn't be the "1%" that suffers it'd be the average working man.

But that's happening every day anyway lol we just waiting for the next time the money men get there numbers wrong and take the country to the cleaners ....booming Britain or broke Britain in reality makes no odds to most   ....drastic change is needed a whole new rethink because what we have just doesn't work  and is getting worse and I think one of the reasons is we have all become to complacent with our snugg little life's  maybe the jagged little pill is order out of chaos as they say you can't make a omlet without cracking a few eggs .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, JohnGalway said:

I'd bet most posting on here are in that 1% and don't even realise it:

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/050615/are-you-top-one-percent-world.asp

And to add to the irony, I hear dumpTrumps tax cuts will mean his starving offspring inherit his massive/meager fortune tax free.

It dont mean much earning 30 grand a year if it’s all getting taken off you in tax, stealth tax, council tax, water rates, congestion charging, £5 and hour parking, £200 a week rail fares and on and on and on..........and that money used to finance a society where people are freely going about kicking in front doors of your house while you are still in it at 8 in the morning to rob your house, steal your car keys and nick your car while the police conduct a stealth tax operation 30 handed at a checkpoint up the road........honestly, I’m not making this shit up.......it’s a daily occurrence ! 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, WILF said:

It dont mean much earning 30 grand a year if it’s all getting taken off you in tax, stealth tax, council tax, water rates, congestion charging, £5 and hour parking, £200 a week rail fares and on and on and on..........and that money used to finance a society where people are freely going about kicking in front doors of your house while you are still in it at 8 in the morning to rob your house, steal your car keys and nick your car while the police conduct a stealth tax operation 30 handed at a checkpoint up the road........honestly, I’m not making this shit up.......it’s a daily occurrence ! 

Similar problems all over the world Wilf. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kanny said:

But that's happening every day anyway lol we just waiting for the next time the money men get there numbers wrong and take the country to the cleaners ....booming Britain or broke Britain in reality makes no odds to most   ....drastic change is needed a whole new rethink because what we have just doesn't work  and is getting worse and I think one of the reasons is we have all become to complacent with our snugg little life's  maybe the jagged little pill is order out of chaos as they say you can't make a omlet without cracking a few eggs .

So let's make things even harder for the average blokes to teach them a lesson? Nope I won't be going along with that.

Just now, WILF said:

Because what is there now is broken beyond repair ! 

So let's break it a bit more!

Just now, JohnGalway said:

Oh there are indeed.

Really?.......are you paying £22 a day to drive into Galway city then?

Are you paying £800 a year water rates?

what about council tax ?........£2000 a year ? 

When was the last time 6 of your neaibours has there front doors kicked in at school run time and their house ransacked?

Will your 3000 sq ft shed set you back 30k a year and half again in rates?

What about VOSA?.....been stopped by them lately in your van and had them go over it 3 times with a microscope so that they can find something to fine you for?

Been many muggins round your way lately ?

Any muslims stabbing people to death or spitting on your women for waring shorts ?

Tell me mate, tell me exactly what anyone in the west of Ireland knows of these things?

The nearest they get to Africans is f***ing the birds at the refugee centre in Ballyhaunis ! 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

BGD, absolutely mate......break it down and start again.

I'm used to arguing against accelerationism with nutty Communist/Anarchist student types who would be insulated from the effects by daddy's money but I would have thought normal blokes with experience of the real world would see how ridiculous that line of thinking is TBH.

How much real world suffering by the average bloke in the street would you be happy to watch? How many kids going hungry and losing the roof over their heads to "break it down and start again"? What if after all that we end up in the same place we could have got to with sensible negotiation? Surely it's worth exploring ways to fix things without paying such a heavy price?

Just now, BGD said:

I'm used to arguing against accelerationism with nutty Communist/Anarchist student types who would be insulated from the effects by daddy's money but I would have thought normal blokes with experience of the real world would see how ridiculous that line of thinking is TBH.

How much real world suffering by the average bloke in the street would you be happy to watch? How many kids going hungry and losing the roof over their heads to "break it down and start again"? What if after all that we end up in the same place we could have got to with sensible negotiation? Surely it's worth exploring ways to fix things without paying such a heavy price?

It’s worth exploring everything BUT not at the cost of democracy and freedom and certainly not at the cost the UK is paying now at a social level.

70 years ago young men threw themselves up a beach into almost certain death to stop that shit ! 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Really?.......are you paying £22 a day to drive into Galway city then?

Are you paying £800 a year water rates?

what about council tax ?........£2000 a year ? 

When was the last time 6 of your neaibours has there front doors kicked in at school run time and their house ransacked?

Will your 3000 sq ft shed set you back 30k a year and half again in rates?

What about VOSA?.....been stopped by them lately in your van and had them go over it 3 times with a microscope so that they can find something to fine you for?

Been many muggins round your way lately ?

Any muslims stabbing people to death or spitting on your women for waring shorts ?

Tell me mate, tell me exactly what anyone in the west of Ireland knows of these things?

The nearest they get to Africans is f***ing the birds at the refugee centre in Ballyhaunis ! 

Oh Lord, what a whinge fest.

The ills of the world are always someone elses fault with the brexiteer.

Tell me Wilf, what have YOU done to change any of that in a productive, proactive, engaging way?

I know plenty about crime and criminals, and in my business life I've changed Government policy to my benefit in the past couple of months. I don't need to beat my chest about it.

• Like 1