Brexit Thread Redux

4 minutes ago, JohnGalway said:

Whichever causes the least disruption to all.

As I said, empty vessels. 

Maybe there has to be disruption, the vote was pretty clear....it was a vote to bring the UK out of the EU club and all that it entails.

Whatever disruption that causes is what there will have to be.......there shouldn’t be a soft this or hard that, there should just be out.

Thats what folk voted for.

• Like 4

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

Just now, WILF said:

Maybe there has to be disruption, the vote was pretty clear....it was a vote to bring the UK out of the EU club and all that it entails.

Whatever disruption that causes is what there will have to be.......there shouldn’t be a soft this or hard that, there should just be out.

It's obvious that interpretation of the vote didn't matter from day 1. It's also obvious the population of the UK don't believe in that option as in the subsequent ill considered election UKIP won how many seats in parliament? 

hoping the eu is squirming with the onset of the crumble, merkel is feeling the pain her grip is  evapourating  she has created a panic let her and the euro leaders suck it up    the eu is desperate   juneker    needs hospital  his visions need a doctor along with those who see the same s he  

2 minutes ago, JohnGalway said:

It's obvious that interpretation of the vote didn't matter from day 1. It's also obvious the population of the UK don't believe in that option as in the subsequent ill considered election UKIP won how many seats in parliament? 

There is no interpretation of the vote.....it was “In” or “Out”.......nothing more to interpret !!

Its only politicians and the stupid pricks who actually still beleive what they say that came up with all this “interpretation” nonsense after the vote didn’t go the way they wanted.

UKIP self destructed, and there were either enough soft headed c**ts who actually believed May and the Torys or they thought it was the only chance of delivery because we all know Labour would have renagged as quick as they could.

2 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

hoping the eu is squirming with the onset of the crumble, merkel is feeling the pain her grip is  evapourating  she has created a panic let her and the euro leaders suck it up    the eu is desperate   juneker    needs hospital  his visions need a doctor along with those who see the same s he  

Hopefully the AFD will get stronger and have more sense than UKIP about who it employs and how it go’s about things 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, WILF said:

During the referendum the Norway model was touted as the most practical, sensible option by the big names of the Leave campaign (including Farage) and leaving the Single Market was dismissed as "madness" and scaremongering. With that taken into consideration it's hard to say that voting for leave means folk voted for a complete break from the EU in a "no deal" Brexit TBH.

Fact is there were as many different interpretations of what leaving would mean as there were leave voters, you can't project your own idea of what leaving should mean onto everyone who voted leave.

Just now, WILF said:

There is no interpretation of the vote.....it was “In” or “Out”.......nothing more to interpret !!

Its only politicians and the stupid pricks who actually still beleive what they say that came up with all this “interpretation” nonsense after the vote didn’t go the way they wanted.

UKIP self destructed, and there were either enough soft headed c**ts who actually believed May and the Torys or they thought it was the only chance of delivery because we all know Labour would have renagged as quick as they could.

If you want to look into it, I don't believe the referendum has legal weight, it's a recommendation to government, not an order, if I remember right.

HMG seem to disagree with you. The problem is that other countries have their interests and will represent them to the best of their ability. UK gov at least recognise that, and that if they wish to proceed into the future then shoving two fingers to all and sundry isn't in the UK's best interests.

The era of gunboat diplomacy is long past.

1 minute ago, BGD said:

During the referendum the Norway model was touted as the most practical, sensible option by the big names of the Leave campaign (including Farage) and leaving the Single Market was dismissed as "madness" and scaremongering. With that taken into consideration it's hard to say that voting for leave means folk voted for a complete break from the EU in a "no deal" Brexit TBH.

Fact is there were as many different interpretations of what leaving would mean as there were leave voters, you can't project your own idea of what leaving should mean onto everyone who voted leave.

I heard a point made on radio here today, I think it was in relation to Norway. That it is not as clear as some say to just use the Norway model. Apparently Norway is a member of something called the Union of Scandinavian Countries (name could be different). So there may be another layer of international agreements applying there that would not already exist in the UK's case.

3 minutes ago, JohnGalway said:

I heard a point made on radio here today, I think it was in relation to Norway. That it is not as clear as some say to just use the Norway model. Apparently Norway is a member of something called the Union of Scandinavian Countries (name could be different). So there may be another layer of international agreements applying there that would not already exist in the UK's case.

The so called Norway model is just joining the EEA-EFTA, not a great option IMO but one that is certainly possible for the UK given the political will.

This article does a good job of explaining it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/01/can-the-uk-adopt-the-norway-model-as-its-brexit-solution

23 minutes ago, BGD said:

Fair point but, obviously I don’t now nearly 18 million people, but everyone I do know voted out and I don’t think i have heard any of them state immigration as the reason they did it.

Nearly to a man it was always about nation state democracy, it was about what a sinister and undemorcratic shower of shit the EU is and it was about being a proud independent nation.

They never said “ohh, the Norway model” or access to the free market.....they just said let’s do it and we will make it work.

Thats what proper chaps do imho mate.

Ordinary lads are not in the least bit concerned with all this political bullshit lies.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 5

its basic economics , not enough houses , not enough jobs , not enough schools , not enough nurses and hospitals in distress etc, why the fk would anyone want to let more freeloading cnts in ffs  its not hard is it, unless that dont suit the leftie liberal give it it and borrow more brigade

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

its uncomplicated out means out, in means in , like it or lump it we voted out , so out it must be hard brexit and all that it entails   and maybe we can go catch fish around our coast insted of letting every other fker

And what exactly does it entail? Being such a strong proponent of a so called "hard Brexit" you must have a pretty good idea?

• Like 1